• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What Motor Should I Use?

Hello! I am currently working on a scratchbuilt 195% Bushwacker/Carbon Z Cub with an 85in wingspan. I'm having trouble figuring out what motor I should put in it. I know I should probably put the E Flite motor that is in the standard Carbon Z Cub, but I dont want to spend $85 on it. I'm looking for a somewhat high-powered motor, but an efficient one too. Also, what prop and budget ESC should I use?

gbop

Hey, just wanted to see if you finished the Bushwacker scratchbuild and how that went? i'm thinking about building something just like what you did with my son but i know it'll get complicated. I was thinking we would need to use carbon-fiber spars in certain areas inside the wing and fuselage... if you have any suggestions / specs / equipment list that you used, i would really appreciate it. Looks like you are thinking along the same exact lines we are, which is to find lower-cost parts for this build.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Im not sure on the up-scaling of the motors as I am a quad guy but for spars people have used aluminum arrow shafts to cut down on costs.

Merv

I know I should probably put the E Flite motor that is in the standard Carbon Z Cub, but I dont want to spend $85 on it. I'm looking for a somewhat high-powered motor, but an efficient one too. Also, what prop and budget ESC should I use?
You should look for a motor with similar specs, watts, Kv & prop to that of the E Flight motor.