What power pack is for me

bearded

Hi all,
First thing is I am new to planes, I'm good with quads but having a hard time bridging that gap. I built a ft 3d for my first build (but not my first plane) anyway its built and sitting because I can't decide on electronics, or prop. I prefer a snappy throttle almost jittery with a quick top end I know I will have to sacrifice some speed for the torque-y throttle, and as for the prop I know I can't be to picky due to motor requirments. Then there is the battery witch I will decide on based on the motor performance. I'll be using a flysky fs-t6 transmitter/ receiver, I know its no the greatest but I understand its operation. Also I plan on a building the cruiser soon as well I would like the motors to be the same for the pods if possible. So any suggestions on a power pack that can give me that snappy performance?
Any way here's my ft3d without landing gear
IMG_20160828_181853.jpg

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hey Bearded,

By "powerpack" I assume you mean FT's lettered power packs . . .

Pack C.

Nothing else has sufficient power to fly the FT3D well and even milking the full 290W out of that motor is a bit of weak-sauce for 3D. You'll probably be more than happy enough with it to start, but when you get comfortable with the FT3D, I expect you'll want to upgrade the motor and hand-me-down the C-pack to the Cruiser.