What video receivers will the Fat Shark SPMVA1100 work with?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
In our first installment of Ask FlyingMonkey forum user davcrockett asks...

davcrockett said:
Flying Monkey.. I'm just starting in FPV.. I would like to know if this camera, Ultra Micro FPV Camera and Video Transmitter (SPMVA1100) will work with this receiver, 5.8Ghz Receiver Specifications:
Receive frequency: 5725-5865MHz; Eight Channels
Receiving sensitivity: -90dBm
Frequency control: Built-in frequency PLL
Dual AV output: Direct output video signals
The antenna interface: SMA(The needle)
Power supply voltage: 6.5-15V
Power supply current: 150mA
Outsize: 61*52*13mm , Aluminum alloy shell

So what he's asking is if the new micro all in one FPV camera/transmitter from Fat Shark sold by Horizon will work with a non Fat Shark 8 channel rx.

This is an excellent question. The short answer is.... maybe.

The longer answer is not likely. The 5.8 gHz band for FPV is using 32 channels. Out of those channels the Fat Shark/Immersion equipment uses 7. Those are
5740, 5760, 5780, 5800, 5820, 5840, and 5860MHz.

Most of the ones I have found that list the channels
5725-5865MHz show that they use the channels 5645, 5665, 5685, 5705, 5885, 5905, 5925, and 5945.

To stay on the safe side I would look for a receiver that has 32 channels. But even that is not a guarantee.

From what I've been hearing, Immersion (the company that makes the electronics for Fat Shark transmitters) has not been playing well with equipment from other brands. I don't know if they've started encoding their systems so that they only work with other Fat Shark/Immersion gear, but that seems to be the effect.

I'm still using the older Fat Shark transmitters, and they're still working with my off brand receivers. So unfortunately I can not answer your question more accurately from experience.

There's not much information online, but I did find that in the Q&A section of the Horizon's page for the camera someone asked if it would work with the Skyzone goggles and the answers there were yes. So that suggests it should work with any 32 channel receiver.