When it rains it poors... More HK Bad Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandblaster

John,

Fine for you to stand to the end. That is your right to do so. BUT do the rest of us need to be involved? Your desire to be so public brings more then principal to the table. I will send you $3.00 so you can get this stress out of your life. I serious doubt HK is going to be at a loss for your business. Sounds like you really should go else where with your business. Looks to me like you are trying very hard to give HK a bad rap. Next time some one starts this kind of thread all of us need to be asking for pictures of the bad goods.

Enjoy you life John, you only get one.

John Campbell

John,

Fine for you to stand to the end. That is your right to do so. BUT do the rest of us need to be involved? Your desire to be so public brings more then principal to the table. I will send you $3.00 so you can get this stress out of your life. I serious doubt HK is going to be at a loss for your business. Sounds like you really should go else where with your business. Looks to me like you are trying very hard to give HK a bad rap. Next time some one starts this kind of thread all of us need to be asking for pictures of the bad goods.

Enjoy you life John, you only get one.

I always have a great Life... Couldn't ask for it to be much better... Like I said. It is not the money. it is the principal of the entire issue since it started. I will have closure on this soon... One way or the other.

fred0000

Ok we get it you had a bad experiance with hobbyking but it's gotten to the point where your just embarrassing yourself.
I don't care about it being about the principal you look like a fool.
All this for a $3 refund and a $20 item. You must be single to have this much free time for something so small.

John Campbell

Ok we get it you had a bad experiance with hobbyking but it's gotten to the point where your just embarrassing yourself.
I don't care about it being about the principal you look like a fool.
All this for a $3 refund and a $20 item. You must be single to have this much free time for something so small.

Again, and I know I am repeating, but obviously it is not sinking in.. It is not about money. It is about principal. that being said, has nothing to do with $3.00. For these items to arrive cost over $90.00. All the other crap now totals over $100.00. If you go out for a good steak dinner and they bring you out hamburger...Are you going to accept that. I doubt it.

sandblaster

Hum...... The story keeps changing. No longer $3.00 but $100. I think this needs to be moved to "Behind the Barn". Think John is a moe with the only purpose to cause problems. Show us pictures. OR maybe it is time to use the ignore and block feature of the fourm. This behavior is irrational as in not normal.

fred0000

I think this thread really backfired on you John, you look like a fool.

to answer your anology:

if I go to a high end steak resturant (horizon hobby for example), yes I expect what I pay for, if I go to McDonalds (HobbyKing for example) yes, they can get away with a mistake here and there and I WILL NOT bitch them out for it.

(I have had wrong orders or missing parts from McDonalds, I did not raise a stink about it)

i've never not recieved what I ordered from hobbyking but I have recieved defective parts, I did not raise a stink about it.

you used your analogy, and I used mine, mine makes much more sence then yours.

Last edited:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Come on guys- play nice.

3 dollars, a hundred dollars, a thousand dollars.

John or anybody should expect to get what they ordered in the first place, and if it's wrong, be able to get the problem fixed.
So what if you wouldn't do it. If you don't want to read his complaints leave him alone.

fred0000

Come on guys- play nice.

3 dollars, a hundred dollars, a thousand dollars.

John or anybody should expect to get what they ordered in the first place, and if it's wrong, be able to get the problem fixed.
So what if you wouldn't do it. If you don't want to read his complaints leave him alone.

maybe its the way he talks, he speaks as if he's out to shut hobbyking down over this issue.

a simple "I had a bad expieriance with hobbyking, this is what happened ____________________ " and leave it at that would be fine. but he's got it all documented he's ready to go to court and take hobbyking down! so i'm sticking with that he looks like a fool.
sorry if you don't agree jetpackninja, but this is a public forum open to public opinions. we are all sharing them within the forum guidlines/rules.

John Campbell

maybe its the way he talks, he speaks as if he's out to shut hobbyking down over this issue.

a simple "I had a bad expieriance with hobbyking, this is what happened ____________________ " and leave it at that would be fine. but he's got it all documented he's ready to go to court and take hobbyking down! so i'm sticking with that he looks like a fool.
sorry if you don't agree jetpackninja, but this is a public forum open to public opinions. we are all sharing them within the forum guidlines/rules.

The later part of this has gotten really bad. I post the facts and most of you in the later part of the thread have thrown things out of proportion... One day, It may happen to you. I posted here to let people know how bad the support from HK is. If you cannot comprehend that then you just don't understand customer service. I do not know what is wrong with people being able to accept a substandard product and service. I accept some problems, but there is a limit and I have hit it.

fred0000

The later part of this has gotten really bad. I post the facts and most of you in the later part of the thread have thrown things out of proportion... One day, It may happen to you. I posted here to let people know how bad the support from HK is. If you cannot comprehend that then you just don't understand customer service. I do not know what is wrong with people being able to accept a substandard product and service. I accept some problems, but there is a limit and I have hit it.

hey John, as much as we but heads I hope you dont take it to hard and continue with updating this thread, I may not agree 100% and may voice what I have to say sometimes (even thought I know it can be a bit off the beaten path and may not be the most appropriate, for that i'm sorry) but in between all the head buting i'm reading your expeiriance everytime you update and taking it in, it really is terrible service wich might be part of the reason I dont even bother trying when I get a broken/defective part.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I don't know-

You say the guy looks like a fool, then tell him you are interested in his experience and he should keep posting?

I'm not suggesting that you have broken any forum rules. I had just hoped we had a nicer place here.
There are plenty of other forums where people can butt heads and whatnot and keep going until moderators have to get involved.

Just kind hope this forum doesn't get to be that kind of place.

fred0000

he's gone this far might aswell play it through to the end (don't you wnat to know if John has a happy ending?). I still wouldn't have put this much leg work into this issue.

Last edited:

John Campbell

Thanks for the comments. One reason that I stay here so much is it is smaller more homey area. It is much nicer than having 10,000 people every moment coming up with something different.. I like this much smaller community much better. We won't always agree. But If you have not learned one thing about me is that I can be hard headed. When I set my mind to it, I am going to finish it... One way or the other. :) And I love this RC Hobby... The funny part of it is, once I get this resolved, i will probably order from them again... I have had comments from other people that December through March is the worst for HK because of US & Christmas and the Chinese Holiday that follows soon after and they have trouble keeping up with the support. Maybe next year i will avoid them between that time and be happy the rest of the year.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I think that if John wants to carry on pushing this, let him do it. If he wants to post about it, let him do it. If you don't want to hear about it, don't listen. It's John's decision to do or not do this, it's John's thread.

I agree that HobbyKing has a reportedly nonexistent customer service. That is a risk we all take when we buy from HobbyKing. If John wants to push it for the sake of principle, then let him do it!

If I need to put a personal opinion into this, then I think yelling at HobbyKing's customer service is worthless. I don't know what effect a PayPal dispute might have on HobbyKing, but I don't think that is going to improve the Customer Service.

con244

I ,like John have had crappy service from HK. I also have had it from some of the other Chinese suppliers. The last time at HK finished with missing parts taking 3 months to be replaced, totally missing the summer flying season that I was going to use the kit for. I got sick of all the b*s*t shovelled out by HK "customer support" I chucked the kit in the trash and followed it with the parts when they finally arrived. I have NOT ordered from HK again I don't know that I will. I grew up in working in customer service like I think John did. I remember that the customer is always right (rude and annoying but always right). This is the way that made countries like the US and other modern countries the great consumer countries that they are. No one should have to put up with substandard service or goods. I am sure that Anthony Hand did not put in his business plan that he intended to offer poor service and goods as his main business. If he did, he should put it right on his homepage "Order at your own risk, goods may arrive damaged, if at all. Don't bother us with your complaints!" There are obviously some major problems here. I think John has every right to post here. I don't think that he wants HK to go out of business, just give him what they are advertising, as advertised. There is no point in flaming him, what he is doing may make buying safer and better for every one of us.
As I have stated earlier John, good luck trying to sort out this mess, I suspect that you have some time to go yet. To the others that are disagreeing with him, that is fine, but please keep it civil. This is a great forum and gives us all a voice to discuss everything that is great and not so great about our chosen hobby.
Cheers
Con

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
I sympathize with you John, I had issues with hobbyking with a missing parcel but i got refunded. you should claim your rights there, Us customers are the ones who needs to push HobbyKing services to higher levels.

but i fully understand fred0000´s approach to hobbyking shopping, its a simplier and "you get what you pay for".

both approaches are valid ones, whats not nice is this attacking each other and calling john a fool, HES NOT, he just reached his "defective limit" on HK and i agree with him, sometimes we need to draw a line and demand better treatment.

Let him continue with his "quest for his rights", I too want to see the ending of it, lets not bash him, rather encourage him to not loose his temper and treat CS attendants with respect; i was having a bad experience with CS too but then they changed the CS attendant and he was very understanding and refunded me in 2 days of investigation of my case. (NickSo was his nickname).

Did you tried posting on the HK forum ? i had my ticket stalling for 30 days, when i posted they resolved in less than a week.

GOOD LUCK JOHN, I REALLY WANT YOU TO GET YOUR STUFF SOLVED !!

PaulT

Mentor
It is nice that we can get a little riled up and still back up a bit and self mod ourselves.
I will continue to purchase from HobbyKing and by John's own admission, so will he.
You will get resolution to your issues and I will never argue with someone from your fair state ever again if they're all like you John. :applause:
Always remember what you should have learned in kindergarden..
Don't hit
Put your toys away
Play nice
Have a nap in the afternoon
Good luck John

fred0000

It is nice that we can get a little riled up and still back up a bit and self mod ourselves.
I will continue to purchase from HobbyKing and by John's own admission, so will he.
You will get resolution to your issues and I will never argue with someone from your fair state ever again if they're all like you John. :applause:
Always remember what you should have learned in kindergarden..
Don't hit
Put your toys away
Play nice
Have a nap in the afternoon
Good luck John

through Johns expieriance and sharing it on here where we can discuss it (lol) i've come to really like John he is a strong person and I think he's a graet guy for it, he is standing up for what he believe is right no matter what people are saying, I never thought he was in the wrong for doing it.
I hope John continues to be part of this forum and that his future hobbyking expieriances are far better.

like jetpackninja also said maybe its people like John that will make the hobbyking service a better place, then maybe people like me would bother to use it.

im sorry if i've made the comunuty look bad with any of my postings, but I hope we can all move on learning from this expieriance.

thank you all, I am very greatful to be here on the FT forums, you are all great friends/members of this awesome comunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.