• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which FT plane for a Blue Wonder 1300kV?

BATTLEAXE

What's the specs on the motor size? Sound like you could go with any of the standard planes. What do you like to fly, warbirds, sport planes?

BATTLEAXE

The motor is 24 grams. And I'm a novice flyer looking for a forgiving plane.
At 24 grams it sounds like its a motor meant for Mini Series planes. Does it have a 4 digit number on the can or bell that tells you the size? A number like 1805 or 2207. The Mini Scout is always a good forgiving plane. Lots will tell you the Tiny Trainer is the end all and be all of trainer planes, but it can be a bear to dial in. Out of the box the Mini Scout is two thumbs up for me

I don't have the motor in front of me. But I went on line and found that it is a Hextronik model HXM2730-1300.
Not sure what the 2730 stands for, if anything.

BATTLEAXE

The four digit number relates to the size of the stator in millimeters, sometimes its the size of the bell around the stator. Which I think might be the case in your situation. Just trying to get an idea for what size of plane it would fit

A 2730 that weighs only 24grams, seems light. Did you buy this motor online? Do you have a link?
Bought it on eBay a while ago with the following specs:
Kv: 1300rpm/v
Max Load: 7.5A
No Load Current: 0.7A
Suggested Lipo: 3 cell 11.1v
Thrust: 400g+
Suggested Prop: 8x3.8
Weight: 20g.

In the ad it's listed as a "24 gram" motor, but the specs call out 20 grams.

BATTLEAXE

I just looked it up and it is an odd motor, like something you would mount to a drone using glue. Is there no mounting plates that take bolts or machine screws?

Sero

I have 2 of them. I've only used it on one plane but it was getting a bit heavy for the motor. It says it will pull 400 grams but I do question that. I should put it on my thrust stand to see what it can do. The nice thing is it uses an 8 inch prop so it should be fairly efficient.
I would say its good for a Tiny Trainer, that's what I'm thinking I will use mine on.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hextronik-24gram-brushless-outrunner-1300kv.html?___store=en_us

The Fopster

That was the go-to motor in the early days of FT, I think. I've flown Old Fogey, FT Flyer etc. off one of those. They work well - if it is your first plane I'd build an FT Flyer. It's a very quick easy build, sturdy, and a very easy to fly plane. I think it's the best trainer you can get, and once you're confident in the air you can move on to somwthing that looks more "like a plane"! Go watch some of the old videos and you will see that motor being used.