Who Has Experience With Sunnysky?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
https://www.banggood.com/Sunnysky-X...978887.html?rmmds=mywishlist&cur_warehouse=CN

I have been looking into these for the past couple of days, I checked out some vids on them. I like what I am seeing but I was wondering what you all thought of them. I am not asking about the specific size but more the brand. As far as I can tell they have great cooling, are efficient plus produce amazing amounts of power. I also hear they are wound by hand, and back themselves with great customer service.

Now just like anything if it sounds to good to be true then it usually is. So I want the skinny on Sunnysky, from the people who actually use them and put them to the test. Give me the honest opinion of them please, if price justifies what you get then these will seem like a good deal given what I have seen so far. Thank you.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have a ton of Sunnysky motors. BuddyRC up the road is a distributor so I have had a wide variety. The only bad ones I have are victims of severe crashes or ESC fires.

Cheers!
LitterBug

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have a ton of Sunnysky motors. BuddyRC up the road is a distributor so I have had a wide variety. The only bad ones I have are victims of severe crashes or ESC fires.

Cheers!
LitterBug
What sizes are you using? I was thinking of using them as a higher end motor instead of the go to like Racestar. I am looking at the larger ones for these, 28-40mm

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have them in 1105 up to 2216. I've never built anything with bigger than the 2216. Anything I have that is bigger was part of a BNF or PNP.

BuddyRC has a pretty big selection in stock https://www.buddyrc.com/collections/sunnysky-x-aircraft-motors?view=all

Cheers!
LB

EDIT: Looking at the same motor you listed above, Buddy has it slightly cheaper, and you are not going to have to wait on shipping from the other side of the planet.

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Man I wish i could justify ordering from the US. Getting stuff across the border into Canada there are duty taxes and fees. I tried to order a Propdrive from Hobbyking and it was $25 for the motor, and $20 extra for the shipping, which i thought it is still cheaper then $65 for a new Rimfire. But then the shipping company said the duty fees would be another $20. Needless to say I cancelled the order. But i can get anything from any other country for like 5-10 bucks. I blame NAFTA lol. That's why Bangood has been my best friend lately

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have them in 1105 up to 2216. I've never built anything with bigger than the 2216. Anything I have that is bigger was part of a BNF or PNP.

BuddyRC has a pretty big selection in stock https://www.buddyrc.com/collections/sunnysky-x-aircraft-motors?view=all

Cheers!
LB

EDIT: Looking at the same motor you listed above, Buddy has it slightly cheaper, and you are not going to have to wait on shipping from the other side of the planet.
Tell me about the 2216's you have. What size of plane, how they perform. How do you like the 1105s and what do you use those in, quads?

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member

Attachments

• C1 Chaser.jpg
    C1 Chaser.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Tell me about the 2216's you have. What size of plane, how they perform. How do you like the 1105s and what do you use those in, quads?
Up to this point, I have only used them on multirotors. I am building a 3D printed Eclipson Model-V that recommends the same 2212s I've been using on my bigger multirotors. I'm going to be putting some of the smaller ones 110x on a VAS Ghost and an FT Dart (going to try doing a tail-sitting VTOL with it)

550 Hex with 2212 980kv motors. I have run these typically 3S motors on 4S, and even 6S (wanna talk about a scary fast hex)

Cheers!
LitterBug

leaded50

Legendary member
i bought one at Ebay from China a few days ago ,$ .50 more expencive, but delivered with also a 30A ESC .
This is for 2-4s, that isnt every Racestar or similar cheap Asian motors.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Man I wish i could justify ordering from the US. Getting stuff across the border into Canada there are duty taxes and fees. I tried to order a Propdrive from Hobbyking and it was $25 for the motor, and $20 extra for the shipping, which i thought it is still cheaper then $65 for a new Rimfire. But then the shipping company said the duty fees would be another $20. Needless to say I cancelled the order. But i can get anything from any other country for like 5-10 bucks. I blame NAFTA lol. That's why Bangood has been my best friend lately
Oh man.... that stinks. I Remember being astonished at how long it took a FlexRC Owl drone frame to get through customs from Canada to the US. I was like, Really? Are you kidding me?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I will be more then likely ordering from bangood when i do order them just save on fees. they are an attractive motor on many levels. Like anything when you spend money you want to know what you are getting.