Who is already planning for Flite Fest 2015?

iliketrainz98

I'm 15 and from the UK, however if the dates are correct it looks like we are gonna be in the US then, so considering if it will be possible to make flite fest (which would be awesome!!)

iliketrainz98

Following on from my last post - coming from the UK will probs mean I can only bring a small quad and nothing else really. Is it still worth me coming anyway, also bearing in mind that my family aren't really RC keen although happy to come along.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
From what I've read a lot of people built their planes on location. There will be a big build tent and all-you-need-materials to go crazy :). Also the awesome people there seem to have made the visit worthwile even for non RC people.

At least that's what I got from the posts after FTFF2014

Techno

Sunny Day Park Flyer
I brought one of my scratch builds to FTFF2014 and it crashed on the test flight. Since I haven't touched it since then, I think I'll try again at FTFF2015. Hopefully, at the event there will be a lost and found for planes caught in the wind. Me and a buddy still have no idea where an UMX Radian went...

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I brought one of my scratch builds to FTFF2014 and it crashed on the test flight. Since I haven't touched it since then, I think I'll try again at FTFF2015. Hopefully, at the event there will be a lost and found for planes caught in the wind. Me and a buddy still have no idea where an UMX Radian went...
i know where it went.......
image.jpg

BigGary

I will bring my father again. He can't walk too far but he still enjoyed watching from the third row of camping. Hopefully we can get a spot up on the flight line this year. He would be able to see much more.

ZEPHYRECAINE

FLITE FEST OR JOE NALL?

Flite Fest 2014 was me and my kids first fly-in. Best time ever! My kids watched the Flite Fest Joe Nall video and now want to go there. My daughter even wants to miss her high school graduation for it; her grandma is not happy about that. I can't afford both, but don't want to miss the truly family fellowship atmosphere of Flite Fest. Any advice.?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Joe Nall is BIG. And I mean BIG.

It's a great show and loads of friendly folk, but it's overwhelmingly BIG.

I enjoyed FTFF, SEFF and E-Nall FAR more than Joe Nall (those three are VERY comparable for size and feel). Nall is a great event, but it's far more for spectating than participating.

Your call. Either should be fun, just a different kind of fun.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Not to push Flite Fest over Nall, since I've haven't been to Nall yet, but I'm going to bet that Flite Fest will be more kid oriented.

Two words... Build Tent.

CartCurt

Planning on attending all 4 days. Just got a used popup camper. Convinced the wife to come with me even though the 12th is our 40th anniversary this year.

I would be happy to be a volunteer for whatever needs doing, except maybe on the 12th. Don’t want to press my luck too far.

When can we start registration?

Info Regarding Flite Fest 2015

If I'm right they mentioned in one of their more recent videos SOMEWHERE that they were going to have it JULY 9-12 at Fury Field again. If anything else shows up regarding Flite Fest 2015 then I'll reply to this post updating the location and/or dates.
Also have already planned to go and hope to stay at the field and maybe come a day or two before the event starts.

tobyrice01

I'd love to come to Flite Fest.... But I'll be away in Vegas getting my flight training up to speed to solo in mid/late July.
Hey, I'm not complaining! Then I'll be able to solo with R/C and fullscale :D

Jippz

Me and my buddy will be back again this year. Not bringing a 250% Fogey this time though.(maybe something else) We are bringing 2 other friends with us too. Can't wait!!!

Corbarrad

I put in for vacation time for the flitefest week and the one after. barring any freak occurrences I'll be there building and hopefully flying.
One question, though: is it possible to get a temporary ama membership as a foreigner? obviously I'd only need it during the event.