Whoop won't fly properly

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
My 1s 75mm whoop will not take off properly. I just put in a new board. When I try to get it to take off it just yaws like crazy gets into the air and wobbles so badly that it falls out of the air. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks and happy new year!

Mr_Stripes

Corsair714

This can be caused by improperly tuned pids and pid filters. Do you know how to properly setup a quad in betaflight?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
If its not board orientation as suggested it is more then likely filters that give that effect of all wobbly and continually rising. Also verify the proper .hex has been flashed and default all the settings. Then do a throttle calibration IF dshot is not used and see what that gets you.

Corsair714

sometimes the defaults just aren't right so if you know what you're doing try changing some of the filters

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Screenshot 2021-01-07 122526.png
Screenshot 2021-01-07 122504.png
Screenshot 2021-01-07 122541.png

Last edited:

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
When I got the board got into betaflight changed a few things (like osd) and popped the board in. I didn't touch the tuning page.

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Make sure that your motor mapping and board orientation are correct. Run each motor independently, and make sure the right one moves for the channel selected, and in the right direction. Tip the board and make sure the artificial horizon moves in the correct direction. This does not sound like a PID/tuning thing. More like the FC doesn't have proper knowledge of which way to go, or the motors are not working the way it thinks they are mapped.
Close up pictures of your whoop would help us figure this out too.

Phin G

Elite member
Make sure that your motor mapping and board orientation are correct. Run each motor independently, and make sure the right one moves for the channel selected, and in the right direction. Tip the board and make sure the artificial horizon moves in the correct direction. This does not sound like a PID/tuning thing. More like the FC doesn't have proper knowledge of which way to go, or the motors are not working the way it thinks they are mapped.
Close up pictures of your whoop would help us figure this out too.
I want to be like you cleaver with kwads and fly them. They are to expensive for me since i get no pocket money and no time for it