Will 1000kv 33g motor w 1060 propeller work with smaller planes??

Creylo

I'm thinking of building my first RC plane and I'm going to buy a 1000kv 33g motor with 30 amp ESC and a 1060 propeller. Does all of the equipment go well together and most importantly, what plane sizes will i be able to build with this equipment? I'm aiming for a plane with wing length of 1000mm.

HVB79

Maybe, more information is needed.
Please post a link to exactly what motor you are looking at.
What battery are you planning to use? 3 cell LiPo? 2 cell LiPo?
Do you have a plane in mind? If so post the a link to the plane.

Creylo

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I'm thinking of building my first RC plane and I'm going to buy a 1000kv 33g motor with 30 amp ESC and a 1060 propeller. Does all of the equipment go well together and most importantly, what plane sizes will i be able to build with this equipment? I'm aiming for a plane with wing length of 1000mm.
if i understand correctly you are wanting to get a 2212 1000kv motor with a 1060 prop, on a 30 amp esc.
the plane i would suggest for that setup, is a ft simple scout, i have personally flown mine on that exact setup on a 3s 2200, and a 3s 1500mah lipo. and it flew great

Creylo

if i understand correctly you are wanting to get a 2212 1000kv motor with a 1060 prop, on a 30 amp esc.
the plane i would suggest for that setup, is a ft simple scout, i have personally flown mine on that exact setup on a 3s 2200, and a 3s 1500mah lipo. and it flew great
Thanks for the advice, it is incredibly helpful to know that you have built a similar model that worked, I'm not sure what plane the ft simple scout is, but i will check it out right now!

Creylo

Do you know the measurements and wingspan of your ft simple scout? I checked it out and it looked great! I won't buy the kit but I'll try to build something along those lines!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Thanks, i took a screenshot on the measurements for the FT simple scout and the simple cub to use as guidelines when i build my plane :)
have you considered printing out the plans, and building the ft simple scout? so for your first plane, you know it'll fly...

Creylo

have you considered printing out the plans, and building the ft simple scout? so for your first plane, you know it'll fly...
That is a good idea but i want to design my own plane really bad, altough have a very good point and i will try to my plane as similar as possible to working planes to ensure that the plane works. The ft simple scout feels a little to complicated for me so I'll draw my inspiration for the Simple Cub and the Joytrainer mini and if all goes well I'll end up with a working planes :)
Thanks for all the help!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
That is a good idea but i want to design my own plane really bad, altough have a very good point and i will try to my plane as similar as possible to working planes to ensure that the plane works. The ft simple scout feels a little to complicated for me so I'll draw my inspiration for the Simple Cub and the Joytrainer mini and if all goes well I'll end up with a working planes :)
Thanks for all the help!
No worries 👍 I understand the feeling. But the simple scout is almost exactly the same build as the cub 😜.
Good luck