Wobbly VersaCopter with Naze32 acro

k37chup

All -

Didn't see a similar Post so Ill Start a new one. I just Built a new Versa Copter and i have a problem. It Shakes/rocks Front to back and Starts to rotate Clockwise overt time when in Auto Leveling Modes. When in any other Mode that doesn't use the Gyro/acell it seems to be stable. Is this an issue with my PID's ? I'm New and don't have experience with this. I am running a Rev 6 Naze32 board running BetaFlight so that i can use Clean Flight as the current Clean Flight OS doesn't seem to work properly with The Rev 6 Board.

I have Video of this happening but will post link later. It seems to get worse/More Violent when Attempting to Gain Altitude and is keeping me from enjoyable Flight :p

Thanks for all the input all. Again Please Excuse my Noobeness and i appreciate any and all help.

Doom

I think that is the PID´s for the 4 Cell Lumenier Setup. I have the same trouble as K37chup. Also, my versacopter doesn´t yaw very fast, in fact, if I give a full rudder input it turns like it sticks to a chewing gum:) Any Idea what that could be? Also the PID´s?

Does anyone have the PID´s for the flitetest F-Pack? I would be so greatful:)

Bricks

Master member
I am new to the quad programing thing ...Lord only knows....I know in the settings can`t for the life of me remember the name but it has to do with centering the control sticks on the transmitter. In other words most control sticks do not return to the same neutral and there is a place in the GCS to allow for this increase the number and it allows the flight controller to let the gyro control level when sticks are centered instead of position of sticks.

Samick

to keep it simple you might want to just try flashing it with the latest version of clean flight, and nevermind betaflight.

i suggest this because i know betaflight does something goofy with the accelerameter that cleanflight does not do. i might be completely wrong with that since i don't have a lot of time to read up on betaflight so things might have changed

Last edited:

gstopyra

I had a wobble problem with my Versacopter as well on the MW23 controller setting. Tried reducing the PI settings but still wobble. Read that the Lux controller setting is a newer, more precise...so I switched. Bam...solid. Not that I was testing indoors...but can't wait to go for a longer flight outdoors. ;-)

Anyone else have a better experience with Lux PID controller?

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
PID tuning is an art.

If your copter flies but wobbles it is likely due to PID tuning. Every copter is different and no two tunes will work the same on different builds. You can get close but fine tuning to your machine is always needed for the best results.

Learn to fly in acro mode.

All tuning must be done in acro mode. Period. Autolevelers get in the way of tuning. You MUST tune in acro mode so you must learn to fly in acro mode to be able to tune.

If your copter has low yaw, pitch and roll rates, increase the rc rates, not the PIDs. When you increase the rc rates, you will likely want to increase the expo so the copter doesn't get too 'twitchy' to fly.

4S is for experts and radically alters a tune from 2s or 3s if all other things remain constant.

Lux is a fantastic PID controller. I use it on my copters that run Cleanflight on a Naze32 and it works better than any other Cleanflight option on my mini-tricopter. I found in lux that I had to radically reduce the PID values to lose the wobble on my 200mm tricopter.

If your copter wobbles in acro mode, post video and include the electronics and battery specs along with your PIDs and rates so we can see the details. If it wobbles in autolevel mode but not in acro mode, turn off the autoleveler and learn to fly in acro.