SP0NZ - Plans Index

earl38

Is there any way to get the plans for the MS A-10 Warthog? Jen just emailed me that they weren’t available because “they were made from a community member”.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Is there any way to get the plans for the MS A-10 Warthog? Jen just emailed me that they weren’t available because “they were made from a community member”.
There are no plans for the Master Series A-10. It was designed by John Overstreet (Flite Test Midwest). Very few Master Series plans are available.

Griz

I'm confused, the full size plans print out on a 22x34 sheet, but the foam board is only 20x29.75 .
Are the full size drawings laid out to fit on the foam board?

Flyingshark

Master member
I'm confused, the full size plans print out on a 22x34 sheet, but the foam board is only 20x29.75 .
Yes but they have a margin around the edges. I think they are on 22x34" sheets so that they can be tiled to standard 8.5x11" paper more easily.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The full size prints are indeed 34x22 (standard ANSI D size) to accommodate most print shops and to add a little extra info on the full-size plans. The area that is used for the part templates is 30x20 to fit a standard FT/DTFB sheet size. Keep in mind the plans are arranged to minimize tile seams across parts, not for best yield on a sheet of foam. You're better off cutting out all the parts and optimizing the layout on the foam for yourself to save on material.

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
@SP0NZ i don’t know if this has already been mentioned, but have you “re done” the plans for the ft 3D? If not do you know where I can the old ones?

bigdano711

Will plans for the FT Tenet be made available? I'd love a profile of the fuse and dimensions just to ballpark for trying to make my own fuse. I like the size of the wings/tail feathers, too.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Will plans for the FT Tenet be made available? I'd love a profile of the fuse and dimensions just to ballpark for trying to make my own fuse. I like the size of the wings/tail feathers, too.
Not to my knowledge, no. A lot of the STEM based curriculum (though available to the general consumer) is not available in plan format due to the nature of the STEM/STEAM licensing.

XDmToter

It should be pretty easy to scratch one out. Just grab a photo from the youtubes.

The ft store lists the length at "26-28" based on configuration", so with that, and a photo, you should be able to get real close.

FT-Tenet.png