• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Apple Pie's B-25 Mitchell

Plane Apple Pie's B-25 Mitchell V1

Please log in to download
Type
Build Plan (PDF, AI, etc.)
Here is my take on the venerable B-25 Mitchell bomber from WWII. Approx 1.9 m wingspan (75") built using master series build techniques. This is my first attempt at designing a plane using a combination of Fusion 360, meshmixer, and inkscape. It is not perfectly scale by any stretch of the imagination but I think it came out pretty close. This build is meant for anyone who wants a larger scale bomber to complement the master series WW2 fighters that Flite Test has been releasing. It looks fantastic alongside the Corsair and P-47 for certain. This build is intended for those that have built several FT planes including at least one of the master series planes. It is a more or less self explanatory build process, but will involve some trimming of parts to get a good fit and some creativity on your part to finish out the details around the bomb bay mechanism. I custom fit mine to haul two cans of beer, which involves some tweaking of the plans around the bomb bay.
IMG_7551.jpg
IMG_7553.jpg
IMG_7559.jpg

If you are interested in this build, stock up on foam because you are going to need a full ten sheets of it. Plywood spar plans are also included.

Here is the maiden flight adventure...

Author
Apple Pie
Downloads
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings