1/2A Streaker returns after 46 years

Dick Russ

Hello my friends. Back in 1975 I desgned and sold the 1/2A Streaker racer and sport plane. I just wanted to let you know as the designer I am offering the kit again. For more information please contact me at dickathometwo@yahoo.com. i will attach a couple of pictures for your perusal. The plane has a foam wing 35 inches and a balsa constructed fuselage kit. It was deaigned primarilly for the Cox .049/.051 engine. Althought today it would bne just as great with an electric motor. The flying weight is basically 20 ounces.

Attachments

• Streaker Kit Box & Label.JPG
    Streaker Kit Box & Label.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Streaker top shot 2.JPG
    Streaker top shot 2.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0

Tench745

Master member
Hiya Dick. That's a sleek looking plane.
Is there a website or anywhere we can find out more? Or just contact you directly?
Might want to put this over in the "shameless self promotion" section of the forum.
No really, that's a thing here.

Dick Russ

That's why I recommended the 1 ounce tank which was good for 6 minutes of fun. Any longer and you start wondering when it will quit so you can land

rhardcastle

Hi there, are you still offering this kit? I have a huge collection of cox (and other) engines. I would love to put one in this plane.

-Rob

Dick Russ

Hi there, are you still offering this kit? I have a huge collection of cox (and other) engines. I would love to put one in this plane.

-Rob
Hi Rob. Yes I am still offering and shipping kits almost every other day. You may order one on my website www.dickrussmodels.com or you can contact PayPal and send the funds to my name or email address dickathometwo@yahoo.com. The price is $79.95 plus $12.70 S&H which is $92.65. It is an easy plane to build and a ball to fly. If you order one it will be shipped the next day or Monday since this is Saturday. Or an alternate would be to send me your email address and I will do the rest through PayPal.
Thanking you in advance,
Dick

Attachments

• Streaker top shot 1.JPG
    Streaker top shot 1.JPG
    946.1 KB · Views: 0

Dick Russ

Hiya Dick. That's a sleek looking plane.
Is there a website or anywhere we can find out more? Or just contact you directly?
Might want to put this over in the "shameless self promotion" section of the forum.
No really, that's a thing here.
Hello m,y friend. I do have a website www.dickrussmodels.com that will give you a little more about the plane and kit. Or if you would like to send me a email to dickathometwo@yahoo.com with any question or questions I would be glad to reply. Since we are on the subject I have just finished another Streaker and used Hitec HS-81 servos. This time I painted just the canopy/turtleback and covered the rest of the fuselage with the covering film I purchased from HobbyKing. The weight came in (ready to fly) at just over 18 ounces. I use a 1 ounce tank with 15% nitro and the .049 gives me 6 minutes of fun flying. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanking you in advance,
Dick