13th Squadron Mini A6M Zero

AussieBison

That's the first I've seen that happen before. Does that happen in other spots or just that one? On that specific spot you could away with free handing it.

Hola. Me ha pasado una cosa cuando he impreso los planos. Las curvas de las alas salen cuadriculadas. A alguien le ha pasado? Que puedo hacer ? Gracias

That happened to me too. Exact same spot, and one of the doubler pieces (One of A, B, C, D). Just free handed it, and it was all good.
Not sure what software I used, but I mostly use either Adobe or Foxit.

Can't be sure, but I think that happened to me for another plan as well..

Fonfría

[QUOTE = "Niez13, publicación: 665744, miembro: 42696"] Esa es la primera vez que he visto que eso suceda. ¿Sucede eso en otros lugares o solo en ese? En ese lugar específico, podrías entregarlo gratis. [/ QUOTE]
Solo me ha pasado en las 2 puntas de las alas. Las demás hojas todo perfecto. He probado en los 2 tipos de planos, full size y el otro y también me pasa lo mismo. Nada no sé qué hacer. Según mi mujer es la última versión de adobe. Gracias

Niez13

Elite member
[QUOTE = "Niez13, publicación: 665744, miembro: 42696"] Esa es la primera vez que he visto que eso suceda. ¿Sucede eso en otros lugares o solo en ese? En ese lugar específico, podrías entregarlo gratis. [/ QUOTE]
Solo me ha pasado en las 2 puntas de las alas. Las demás hojas todo perfecto. He probado en los 2 tipos de planos, full size y el otro y también me pasa lo mismo. Nada no sé qué hacer. Según mi mujer es la última versión de adobe. Gracias
Interesting, thank you for bringing this up. I do use the latest version of Adobe so my guess is that has something to do with it. I'll have to try and find if that is the only problem or not.

mcmoyer

I'm 95% done with my Zero. I'm to the point of the power pod. The build video doesn't go into detail about the power pod and I didn't see a firewall design for it. Is this just a standard FT power pod design? Also, did you permanently glue it in for the green one? I can't see any skewers holding it in?

Niez13

Elite member
I'm 95% done with my Zero. I'm to the point of the power pod. The build video doesn't go into detail about the power pod and I didn't see a firewall design for it. Is this just a standard FT power pod design? Also, did you permanently glue it in for the green one? I can't see any skewers holding it in?
Yep, it is the standard FT Mini power pod. On the green zero, there are barbecue skewers, but they just got painted black like the cowling.

Niez13

Elite member
Hello Niez13, I see your member pic is a F-35, will you be considering that as a future project?
Cheers!!! on you work.
Yes, it is actually a current project. But, it's been pushed back a lot and it has to be slightly redesigned. I initially planned to use a 8s on 90mm, but I'm going to go with a 6s on a 70mm. Unfortunately there won't be any plans because it will be an all scale build. Here is a photo of the old prototype.
IMG_4625.JPG 0.jpg

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Yes, it is actually a current project. But, it's been pushed back a lot and it has to be slightly redesigned. I initially planned to use a 8s on 90mm, but I'm going to go with a 6s on a 70mm. Unfortunately there won't be any plans because it will be an all scale build. Here is a photo of the old prototype.
View attachment 210940 View attachment 210941

1. I wish I could like that twice

2. Is that a Me 262 in the bottom left?

Bigeard

Free plans and information at 13thsquadron.com
Check out our Facebook group: 13th Squadron

The 13th Squadron Mini Zero is an extremely versatile aircraft capable of flying fast, slow, turning and burning, or for cruising around on a calm evening. You can take it anywhere because it has a 30" inch (762mm) wingspan. This build video will show you everything you need to know about the build, and any features you can add to enhance it:). This is the first ever build video of mine so just know if there's any mistakes that's probably why:LOL:. If you decide to build a 13th Squadron Mini Zero make sure to share it! Can't wait to see your build!

For anyone who doesn't know about 13th Squadron, it is a website I decided to start over the past summer to showcase some designs of mine, and share them with the community. There's free plans for every plane on the site. If you decide to join our Facebook group is not only a place to show your builds, but also a way to ask questions about each design. 13th Squadron is ran by a father/son team consisting of myself, Jack Niezgoda, and my father, Steve Niezgoda. I have the job of designing and building the planes, and my dad's job is to paint them. Hope you decide to be apart of 13th Squadron!
Do you sell these via any UK stockists ?

mcmoyer

I came across the FMS 800mm Zero on Amazon today. It's a pretty decent price at $119. Looks great too and I've liked all my FMS planes so far. Was about to click order, but then I thought..."man, my foam board zero flies really good and it wasn't near that expensive, and if I crash it, it's only $4 worth of foam board to recreate it from scratch"

This site has ruined buying new planes for me. :p

and yeah, my 13th Squadron Zero is an amazing flyer.

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
I came across the FMS 800mm Zero on Amazon today. It's a pretty decent price at $119. Looks great too and I've liked all my FMS planes so far. Was about to click order, but then I thought..."man, my foam board zero flies really good and it wasn't near that expensive, and if I crash it, it's only $4 worth of foam board to recreate it from scratch"

This site has ruined buying new planes for me. :p

and yeah, my 13th Squadron Zero is an amazing flyer.

It's great, isn't it? You prang yer plane & you ain't picking up balsa shavings afterwards!

:cool: