13th Squadron Mini A6M Zero

Does anyone have any comparisons between the 13th Squadron's mini-Zero and the FT mini-master series one?

i prefer 13th squadron's mini zero, more details, easy to build, and the best.....you have the plans!!!

zero ft.jpg zero 13th.jpg

Niez13

Elite member
Here's my effort. This fun little flyer joins the C-47 and Mosquito in my hanger. I used a spare motor from an A Power Pack (instead of the larger recommended F) but it still has plenty of power for my flying style and still looks good after many flights! Thanks for the design, Niez13. You and your dad do great work. Now on to the FW-190!
That's beautiful!!! The paint came out so good! It probably flies real scale with the A pack motor. Can't wait for your FW190! Let me know if you have any questions on the build :).

Niez13

Elite member
Question, another motor and propeller setup?. To be more scale the propeller could be 7". What do you think??
The scale prop size I believe is around 7-8 inches. I just went with the same size Flitetest recommends with their motors. It would be cool to see a 7" three blade, painted with yellow striped tips A6M Zero!

The scale prop size I believe is around 7-8 inches. I just went with the same size Flitetest recommends with their motors. It would be cool to see a 7" three blade, painted with yellow striped tips A6M Zero!

Yes, it is a 7" 3 blade propeller. So i think you have to use another KV motor, maybe 1400kv? What do you think?....

RokrRJ

Hey there.

Do you guys think it could fly without problems on a 2812 1534kv motor? It should have ~650g of thrust.

Unfortunately, I don't have small/light motors that would suit a micro plane better.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hey there.

Do you guys think it could fly without problems on a 2812 1534kv motor? It should have ~650g of thrust.

Unfortunately, I don't have small/light motors that would suit a micro plane better.
I would scale the plans up a little bit. 120% would probably be good.

otto54

Hi, I'm from Argentina, could you help me design airplanes, I have a lot of experience making papermodels but I find it difficult to design my own templates based on foamboard :):)

Niez13

Elite member
I believe ~91,5cm of wingspan would make it smoother to fly... I really need to try that. Absolutely love the a6m zero.
That would probably be a perfect size for that size motor. The13thSquadron Zero is very light, so weight won't be an issue. Even when sizing it up to that size. I will say that the zero at a 30" inch wingspan is very smooth, but definitely smoother at that size!

Niez13

Elite member
Hi, I'm from Argentina, could you help me design airplanes, I have a lot of experience making papermodels but I find it difficult to design my own templates based on foamboard :):)
Sure! Paper model planes are basically the same exact thing as molded planes, but without an interior structure. There are a lot of topics/questions when it comes to designing a plane, but the most important is what plane do you have in mind?

otto54

Sure! Paper model planes are basically the same exact thing as molded planes, but without an interior structure. There are a lot of topics/questions when it comes to designing a plane, but the most important is what plane do you have in mind?
I have assembled a 1/33 Gee Bee and the templates and profiles are already ready, I just need to simplify it to make it easier to assemble, could you help me with that part.
But I know that it is a very difficult plane to fly and a bit unstable, I also have an L-4 Grasshoper in mind
This is the papermodel file

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 06.jpg