20 x 30 Size Plans

Voombaloo

Has anyone got any of the swappable plans that they've edited to fit better on 20 x 30 inch sheets of foam/poster board? That particular size will be easier for me to print and happens to be the same as the foam board sheets. I'm mainly looking for the 3-pack planes to start. I've tried to do it myself but having a hard time finding the right software to make it work on my 2006 macbook.

Thanks,
Steve

RoyBro

Mentor
I just looked at the "Free Plans" portion of the new site and I'm surprised that the FT NutBall, FT Flyer, and FT Delta aren't present.

But that's OK. I have the full sized plans for the FT Flyer and FT Delta.

Let me know if the download doesn't work. I'm trying this from my Dropbox account. :cool:

They are in PDF format so you should be able to print them Adobe Reader on your Mac. I printed them on an HP Designjet 1055C at 100% and they each fit on a 20x30 sheet of DTFB.

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
You could make my One Sheet Swappable Trainer. It's designed to use just one sheet of foam board (20" by 30") and I have the plans laid out to fit just that. Although it's mostly straight lines so you don't have to print off everything and could use a ruler to draw it out, but printing it all works too.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Has anyone got any of the swappable plans that they've edited to fit better on 20 x 30 inch sheets of foam/poster board? That particular size will be easier for me to print and happens to be the same as the foam board sheets. I'm mainly looking for the 3-pack planes to start. I've tried to do it myself but having a hard time finding the right software to make it work on my 2006 macbook.

Thanks,
Steve

I can make these plans for you in the next few days if you'd like.

Voombaloo

Thanks guys,

I think I've found a way to print the plans without having to convert to 20 x 30 so I should be okay for now.

rcspaceflight: I just might build that one-sheet trainer anyway though. It looks awesome.

nerdnic: Thanks for the offer, I think I'm all good for now but I'll let you know.

Happy 4th of July from north of the Border!

Steve