3D Printed MiG-21 70mm/64mm research

GH05T

I've been using onshape for the wings and I came up with a way to make control surfaces on airfoils efficiently. Flaps and ailerons are finished and will be connected via control horns while the stabilators will be hooked up via an abs printed gear differential system to get 10 degrees of elevator control. Currently I only need some more testing to make a rudder that curves into the round shape that the blueprint has.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-13 8.48.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 8.48.22 AM.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-12-13 8.48.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 8.48.49 AM.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 0

GH05T

My current design is for my scaling convenience, all of the wings are configured to hold an internal structure while being mostly hollow

GH05T

I also have run into a design problem with the flat bottom that's not currently been achieved, however I have developed a fix for it

GH05T

Soooo I got my hands on a freewing 80mm Mig-21 (even though it's discontinued), and I'm gonna learn to fly the heavier foam version of my current scale as I print the sections. Currently V1 is finished and a refined V2 is on it's way, v2 will feature the rounder and more accurate/detailed version with landing gear, V1 will just be a rail launched version that will test the structure and the basic shape of the plane. Current wingspan of V1 is 850mm, after some research I found 800mm to be better and more accurate to the freewing version which was optimized to the design I'm going for, however it is not completely accurate with 1/9 scale. More updates soon

GH05T

V1 wouldn't take off, I soon found out that the original design had been too big. I fixed this and now have V2 nearly ready

GH05T

I threw out the heap of plastic that was left, but the stls still exist, I kept taking photos of the design and posting them in the thread, I am short on filament but I will be printing and posting every piece of V2 over the course of the coming weeks