3D printing for the rest of us

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
my latest 3D design and print. rear portion of the tube took 21hrs.

View attachment 179494

still need to finish belly pod, sand down leading edges, wing tips, and add front wheels. running a 12 blade, 70mm EDF, 60A ESC on 4S-1300 (hopefully).

View attachment 179495

design needs some work but i'm gonna see what we can do with this one since i already printed it. thinking about calling it the "Mike Wazowski." :LOL:

laters,

me :cool:
What a concept! I can't for video of that maiden!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
This thread is really cool but I have a question.
I have an Ender 3 Pro.
Can I just use regular glass for the print bed or should it be tempered or something i have not considered?
I have been using the textured sticky Ender print surface but I hear glass works better.
Thoughts, Ideas?
Your input is greatly appreciated.
I've never printed on glass. I replaced the magnetic Ender print bed with a new one, and I've never looked back.

Captain Video

I have the adhesive Ender surface it is cheaper, i think but think the metal print platform is slightly warped and I have to use a straight edge blade to extract the print from the Ender print surface. I may have the first layer too close but sticking happens frequently. The glass would remain more flat than the magnetic or sticky ender material. I loved the magnetic but it is hard to obtain. It is always out of stock at Micro Center here in Columbus. Perhaps I should get the BL Touch. We will see.

jpot1

Elite member
I have the Ender3 Pro and have been printing on the creality glass plate ordered on Amazon. It’s working really well for me. Super smooth prints for the portion on the glass. Sticks almost too well and I have to wait for the bed to cool or spray with a compressed air can upside down.

Keno

I have the Ender3 Pro and have been printing on the creality glass plate ordered on Amazon. It’s working really well for me. Super smooth prints for the portion on the glass. Sticks almost too well and I have to wait for the bed to cool or spray with a compressed air can upside down.
Propane is a heck of solvent and is the propellent in air cans. Be carful not to freeze your fingers it will provide an injury as a burn would. I use air cans (inverted) for cleaning out sand in our case for motors after a inappropriate landing. Fly safe and keep it "Out there"