50mm Mini - a wishful thought

DbleDuce

First let me say that the jets John Overstreet creates are over the top! I wish I had the space to have one (preferably all), but I don't.

I make due by buying and building Mini's and they are great! But I long to have a 50mm EDF sized Overstreet design in my hanger.

Anyone else feel that way? Should we band together and ask (OK..plead) for one?

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Why does it have to be an Overstreet design? What makes his so over the top for you? Have you checked out the jets @shadeyB makes and sells? There are a lot of other builders and designers out there doing just as impressive work.

DbleDuce

Why does it have to be an Overstreet design? What makes his so over the top for you? Have you checked out the jets @shadeyB makes and sells? There are a lot of other builders and designers out there doing just as impressive work.
I like the looks and the models he has done. It doesn't necessarily need to be and Overstreet design, it's the only ones I was aware of. I will check out shadeyB for sure.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Grifflyers L39 looks great and I’m pretty sure it’s a 50mm. I’ll build one myself one day!
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/l-39-50mm-edf.181/
It is a 50 mm, have built 2 of them that I either posted in that thread or I may have started one on it as well. Really nice plane to start EDF with.

1660677243531.png

Last edited:

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
I like the looks and the models he has done. It doesn't necessarily need to be and Overstreet design, it's the only ones I was aware of. I will check out shadeyB for sure.
If your wondering the planes shadeyB builds are jetworks.
Jetworks.online is the website you do have to buy plans and they are designed for 6mm depron there will be some modifications needed if using dftb

Last edited: