__

Are you in?

• Total voters

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Soooo I was kinda silly today.... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...
Ridiculously high winds... And extremely gusty!!!!
I decided to fly my plane πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚... The good old trusty Kadet...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
I can still remember that sound...... Gggguuuuuaaaaaggggggg!!!!!! Amidst the wind howling in my ears .

Alas dear old Kadet died in an attempt to land, when coming around for a landing..
In the bank the wind caught her and forced her into a tree,at full throttle..
The wing broke on half, and the entire nose section broke off!!
The rudder and elevator were shredded, and I had a good hearty laugh πŸ˜‚.
Boy it was fun flying in wind like that, the bumpy wind, and extreme difficulty to fly it... And the adrenaline rush!!
FUN!!!!!
Alas poor Kaddy, you died while pleasing your master πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

View attachment 213873
Have you ever got your hands on some dtfb? I’m really curious how homade compares. I want to build your kadet sometime but I don’t really like building, I enjoy the flying asspectπŸ˜‚

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
I wish I could ship u some, I don’t even want o know what shipping would be for such a large box thoπŸ˜‚

SSgt Duramax

I don't know what shipping to you all would be. I wouldn't mind gathering and shipping it if it would be cheaper person to person as a "gift."

Plenty of dollar trees on my side of town.

dollar tree.PNG

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
That is only the northwest side of san antonio. The dollar tree by Ft. Sam where I work isn't even on the map. That dollar tree is always fully stocked, it is about the only place I can steadily find black, the others are hit or miss.
Hey! @Matthewdupreez you should figure out how much shipping would really be then maybe someone would be more willing if you payed like half shipping or something.

SSgt Duramax

Hey! @Matthewdupreez you should figure out how much shipping would really be then maybe someone would be more willing if you payed like half shipping or something.
Or come from S.A. to the other S.A.

Who says South Africans couldn't appreciate The Alamo and some good Mexican food.

Edit: Off hand it looks like it would be 50 bucks shipping for 8lb (the foam board itself would weigh about 7.25lb for 25 sheets). So that would be about 3 bucks (USD) a sheet.

Last edited:

Bo123

Elite member
Or come from S.A. to the other S.A.

Who says South Africans couldn't appreciate The Alamo and some good Mexican food.

Edit: Off hand it looks like it would be 50 bucks shipping for 8lb (the foam board itself would weigh about 7.25lb for 25 sheets). So that would be about 3 bucks (USD) a sheet.
Thats still pretty good. I wonder, how much would it be to get it shipped to australia? the FB we have over here is pretty awful, so it would be nice to have some dollar tree stuff.

SSgt Duramax

That doesn't include whatever happens in customs in your countries too. There may be some sort of import tax. I know on other forums, Australians can't really buy from us.

Bo123

Elite member
That doesn't include whatever happens in customs in your countries too. There may be some sort of import tax. I know on other forums, Australians can't really buy from us.
Hmm thats strange. I managed to get a box of FT foam a little while back, for like an extra $80 aud shipping, which is cheaper than the shipping company that you showed me. There was no tax or anything at all.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I am going to try and build another kaddy in the next 3 weeks for our holiday down at the coast...
But I'm going to implement @mastermalpass 's idea of a flat packable plane...
So I can fit it in the car, without getting my head chopped off for trying to fit a big plane in the car πŸ˜‚...
If you guys have any ideas.. please let me know