• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A penguin flies in Florida.

FlyingMonkey

Stuck in Sunny FL
Staff member
Admin
I had an enjoyable flight over the beach near my home here in Santa Rosa Beach Florida. I made use of my Penguin equipped with a Fat Shark camera and video transmitter, as well as my GoPro 3 for video recording.

I'm flying it with two 2200's in parallel. All in all it was a very nice flight.

Legally you're not allowed to launch or land any aerial device within the state park boundaries. So I made sure to stay outside the border sign for launch, flight and landing.

I was very pleased with the landing of the Penguin on the sand. I expected it to hit and just slide with no real control. In the video I could hear the wheels rolling. So it didn't just skid on it's belly to a stop.

Beach Flight 005.jpg Beach Flight 003.jpg Legal Flight.jpg Beach Flying 002.jpg Morning Flight 001.jpg East view from eastern boundary.jpg

DDSFlyer

Nice pics! question though...how can you be legal if your pictures show you from both directions of where you are standing in relation to the border? j/k

FlyingMonkey

Stuck in Sunny FL
Staff member
Admin
Nice pics! question though...how can you be legal if your pictures show you from both directions of where you are standing in relation to the border? j/k

Excellent question!

Because the rules only state where you can launch and land from, not where you fly.