A powered glider one up from the UMX Radian.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
Does anyone know of a good powered glider that is just up from the UMX Radian? The full size Radian is great but I want something more packable.

Ron B

how about the tiny trainer quick build with the electronics package?

Capt_Beavis

that is a great size, Notreallyme, I remembered you mentioning that after I posted, thanks for the link.

I really don't feel like building on the trip, I am not sure how much room or equipment I will have. One of the Bixler's is also something I am thinking about.

Capt_Beavis

that plane looks crazy fast. it would be good for the beach. it is actually in stock too, which is amazing for HK. Do you think it would work with a 2s 1300mAh?

notreallyme

with the batteries they are recommending not sure your 2cell 1300 will fit, i would just get a couple of batteries when i made the order the zippy's are only $7.10 each and since your charger charges through the balance lead you should be all set.

ztoon

Gone with the Mistral
I bought a Kinetic last year, it was more like a "mini hotliner" than a glider to me. It's a fast plane and difficult to control at slow speed (but good a plane), so don't expect playing with thermal, in my opinion it is easier with a light build FT Versa wing. My 2cents...

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
The Hobbyking Mini Swift is great, though it's not going to glide like a Radian. It is, however, very small and very affordable. Also look at the Multiplex E-Hawkeye (though it's overpriced if you ask me). If you can pick one of the small R2 Hobbies gliders (I can't find any place to get them right now), those would be superb--very nice flying gliders.

Capt_Beavis

ztoon, that is what I suspected after looking at the vids more. the Kinetic seems like a sport plane. I will have to look at the mini-swift.

murph

The Hobby King mini-breeze is a good sub 1m powered glider running on a 500mAH 2s battery. I would definately recommend against a mini-swift.

SheppO

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 14.41.46.png

I started a scratch build Radian clone project - with a 950mm span - still only virtual at this point mind ... !