ABC STEM Trifecta Group Build

Javiester

Elite member
If I was you I would look at the Vector. It has the size you are looking for and is really easy to set the balance, which means if you set the balance back and prop down you have a great slow fly plane, if you set the battery forward and prop up it will need the speed to fly but is way more stable. Plus the Vector also has a hidden rudder

ok
I stay with your advice
I will call him AXEL
I'll tell you how the flight is
today I went out with the Bloody Brit, the Mini Sportster and the Mini Scout, I start to return without accidents and with the batteries spent
I feel that I am missing something
thanks

Javiester

Elite member
Can someone tell me the difference in flight type by mounting these optional parts?
the slats no, the others

OPTIONAL.jpg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
They are suggestions to what kind of wing profile you want. You could stick to the black cut through lines and get the original swept wing design. Or you could go the forward swept wing (FSW) green dotted line type of wing where the rearward sweep is removed. Gives your plane profile and different flight characteristics options with one plane. Most I see go with the original design, it would be cool to see one with the forward swept wing

PoorManRC

Master member
Well I sure came in LATE! So you guys like these? I've never seen a Prop in Slot in person before, much less flown one...
I keep being told that the FT22 flies like a trainer, and the A-B-C "Jets" all fly very well.
I wish I could buy one - since the STEM Planes were put out to help School Kids! 😉

But since I always prefer big Planes, I'd love to do the 135% version....
However given my lack of design skills and lack of a Computer or even a Printer, I would need someone to print the 135% plans for me...
That means asking for help, something I'm no longer any good at.

But I'd love to give a Prop in Slot a go!! 😊
Probably the Alpha, given my (lack of) skill.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Well I sure came in LATE! So you guys like these? I've never seen a Prop in Slot in person before, much less flown one...
I keep being told that the FT22 flies like a trainer, and the A-B-C "Jets" all fly very well.
I wish I could buy one - since the STEM Planes were put out to help School Kids! 😉

But since I always prefer big Planes, I'd love to do the 135% version....
However given my lack of design skills and lack of a Computer or even a Printer, I would need someone to print the 135% plans for me...
That means asking for help, something I'm no longer any good at.

But I'd love to give a Prop in Slot a go!! 😊
Probably the Alpha, given my (lack of) skill.
Actually you could scale the FT-22 or the Vector up, Both are easy builds and easy to cut with just a ruler and a sharp blade.

PoorManRC

Master member
Actually you could scale the FT-22 or the Vector up, Both are easy builds and easy to cut with just a ruler and a sharp blade.
@BATTLEAXE Thanks for the fantastic FT-22 Thread!!
I'm reading through it now. VERY informative!! So, Print full sized Plans in Adobe? The Tiled Plans I've worked with so far have been a MESS to try to get lined up!!! 😡😠😖
I only accidentally figured out while doing my FT 3D (Thread coming), to line up the black and red lines to help. The first Fuse for the 3D came out CROOKED!! I had to chop the whole back end off! ... Gave me the opportunity to extend the Fuse by 2.5 inches though. 😉

Anyway, I've got a B Pack Motor (2212/9) and an F Pack Motor (1806/7) left...
Which one would you use?
I've only got 9 gram Servos too...
I'm also going with your KFM style Wing, because I like Strength in my Airframes. 😊

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
So, Print full sized Plans in Adobe?
Yea you open full size plans as a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader, and select "Poster". It should default to 100% scale and cutmarks at 0.005, and make sure that you gave cutmarks selected. It will also ask you at the top if you want to print all sheets, quantity of prints. I usually go with printing just the plans pages, not the title page or legend. If you want to scale up you can change that in the scale setting, then as you scroll through the pages at the bottom right hand quarter you will see how the printed pages lay out. Scale down you use less paper, scale up you use more.
Which one would you use?
If you are scaling up I would use the B pack for sure. If you want a slow flyer wobbly high alpha kinda unit that might be your ticket. Original size is good for the recommended F pack. What I did was left it at the original size and put a C pack in it on a 9x6 prop then eventually an 8x8 for speed, and it was fast! I have some vids on it on the thread and the YT channel. Even with the F pack on it will still run a 9" prop
I've only got 9 gram Servos too...
I'm also going with your KFM style Wing,
9g's are what you need and the KFm wing is awesome on a couple levels, strength and performance