ABC STEM Trifecta Group Build

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I've got the wing built, I didn't really change much other than adding a little bit of a CF to the spar and removing some cutouts I won't need.
P1280320.JPG

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Here is a picture of my bravo and “scout” side by side. It’s kinda dark but you can see how big the bravo is. The “scout” wing is roughly the same sise as a stock scout wing other than extending the wingtips slightly.

Attachments

• BD192E5F-AF44-4804-BF58-CD3ECE0A0D34.jpeg
    BD192E5F-AF44-4804-BF58-CD3ECE0A0D34.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Ailerons you say huh... :unsure:. That does sound like a fun idea. I know that my last couple versions that given the throws they had, they would almost stall out it I wasn't watching, just lose so much speed on hard turns. If I used other servos to hook up just ailerons, how would I wire those up so I could put it on a on/off switch.

I bet if I directly hooked them up to the existing servos and they acted as elevons, a cobra maneuver would be possible. This idea opens up a bunch of possibilities...

Now you got me thinking

Wildthing

Legendary member
Ailerons you say huh... :unsure:. That does sound like a fun idea. I know that my last couple versions that given the throws they had, they would almost stall out it I wasn't watching, just lose so much speed on hard turns. If I used other servos to hook up just ailerons, how would I wire those up so I could put it on a on/off switch.

I bet if I directly hooked them up to the existing servos and they acted as elevons, a cobra maneuver would be possible. This idea opens up a bunch of possibilities...

Now you got me thinking

If hooked up to the same servo it is fun but hard turns and banking it will stall easier because it is almost like putting your brakes on, but still fun.

Now because I am lazy when it comes to mixing I will use the V Tail mixer for the elevons (on mine the standard 2 channels 1 & 2)
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-v-tail-mixer-ultra-small.html

Then when I run ailerons with the extra 2 servos and leave the elevons alone I mix in channel 6 , Y the 2 aileron servos together and that's where they go and then also you can add a on off switch to it.

Wildthing

Legendary member

Now you got me thinking

Remember you can always adjust the throws down :D or add more expo and keep extra in the bag just in case.