Adams Readi-Board shipped to the UK (and international) for £1.66 per board :-)

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
awesome found and thanks for sharing!! less than 1 Euro per piece incl. shipping and fees :)
i dont know if i ever will use 100 pieces, but compared to the prices I pay for the heavy foamboard in austria, its still cheap as hell :)
Oh yes you will, of not sell some. Make that money back.

Yaroslaw

GREEEAAAT!

I'm tired of gluing paper to floor insulation...
So far, I'd wait for 100pcs back in stock and order them. Not that I'll ever use that much, but few people here in my country were interested, so finding 2-3 people to share stock with would not be a problem.

Thanks for a research!!!

RipGroove

No problem. I like to do things right and I know the FT guys put a lot of effort in to make sure these planes fly well and the only way for us to replicate that is to use the exact same materials.

Yaroslaw

ATTENTION!!!

It looks like 28x22 stuff IS NOT WHAT WE NEED.

Difference is "BAZIC 22x28 Poster board" and "22x30 Foam board"! ANd price is definitely different (and I was wondering why?).

RipGroove

Just to be clear the Bazic foam board that I ordered and received was 20"x30" and weighs 115 grams per board so is exactly the same as what FT use. Make sure you order Bazic Foam Board and NOT Bazic Poster Board.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
The colored stuff is exactly the same. It pays to shop the colors because price fluctuates by color. Supply and demand type stuff I guess. I have used the black and the red (they were the cheapest at time of purchase).

xMeox

ATTENTION!!!

It looks like 28x22 stuff IS NOT WHAT WE NEED.

sh*t...

well, I sent an email to goadams and asked for the difference between those two products. I hope that poster board is similar to foam board and somehow useable to build..

update:
answer from goadams "Good morning, Martin and thank you for your inquiry. Poster boards are a thick paperboard that does not have any foam as part of the construction. I do not believe that they will be a good material for building model airplanes because of their high density. I encourage you to try our foam board as the foam is a great building material. I hope this helps, and have a great day!"

well... I guess I have to build some paper planes instead -.-

Last edited:

RipGroove

sh*t...

well, I sent an email to goadams and asked for the difference between those two products. I hope that poster board is similar to foam board and somehow useable to build..

update:
answer from goadams "Good morning, Martin and thank you for your inquiry. Poster boards are a thick paperboard that does not have any foam as part of the construction. I do not believe that they will be a good material for building model airplanes because of their high density. I encourage you to try our foam board as the foam is a great building material. I hope this helps, and have a great day!"

well... I guess I have to build some paper planes instead -.-

On the upside I bet the poster board will be good for making templates out of. I've just made a full set of Mustang templates from some very thick poster board and it looks like they'll last forever.

gowen

I've had a notification from ebay to say my coloured foam board has arrived at the international hub. I don't know how long it will take to get to me though.

Yaroslaw

After few messages to seller, now WHITE 50pcs had been relisted with "more than 10 available", so no more hunting for it and playing "who is faster" game:)
We have ordered 50 of white (for two of us in Ukraine interested in it), it was $135 shipped, $2.7 per board. Not as cheap as US guys have, but still a decent price and I bet 25 boards will last and I can get some 5-10+ planes of it easily. And by the time it would finish may be some other options would be available?:)

PS Depron in Ukraine is very expencive, 2.5 times more expencive then this price we get for Bazic, also it needs strengthening.

xMeox

On the upside I bet the poster board will be good for making templates out of. I've just made a full set of Mustang templates from some very thick poster board and it looks like they'll last forever.

great idea! Thanks mate!

In austria, you can buy "selitron", which is basically the same thing. Its very cheap, and very useable for flying wings, but it isnt a good choice for flite test designs. Even with double tape on it, it bends too much which makes it unuseable for wingtips, ruder, elevator etc.

One possible solution (which I havent tried yet) is to use this material and then cover it with fiberglass.

Last edited:

xMeox

And by the time it would finish may be some other options would be available?:)

They told me that they are working on a partnership with amazon (international shipping) possible starting at the end of this year

Last edited:

gowen

My Dayglo Orange Bazic foam board arrived yesterday. A sheet weights 118g (305 g/m²) and is noticeably thinner than UK foam board. So it appears to be the right stuff. The two boards I removed from the box were curved, but I believe a gentle ironing should flatten them out. The paper also pealed easily on the small corner I tried. There was some damage around the edges of some boards, but the bulk area was fine.

For comparison the 5mm UK foam board I have used so far weighs 440 to 490 g/m²: over 50% more.

A bright orange bloody wonder will be in production soon.

P.S. If anyone looking for a decent glue gun and sticks in the UK take a look at https://www.gluegunsdirect.com/

I have their TEC 305 12mm 120 Watt crafter's glue gun (£18) which works really well with their 213 glue sticks, which have a long open (set) time. If you want an even higher powered glue gun, the TEC 805 12mm is 250 Watt.

Last edited:

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Check the dimensions of the Bazic Foam Board. The last box I got had 29 11/16" x20". Not a big deal except for the fact that one of my designs has the plans laid out to exactly 20x30. The long edges of the plans are supposed to line up with the factory cuts of the board. Like I said, not a big deal. I was stumped for a minute because my printed scale was right on but the edges would not line up. Kind of comical, I guess. Anyhow, just letting you guys know that I found a discrepancy.