Adding Eachine DVR to Quanum Cyclops V2

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter

What I used:
Cyclops V2
Eachine Pro DVR
5V/3A UBEC

I started off by planning the placement and cable routing. I only plan on recording video, so I removed all audio cables from the wiring.

I knew I wanted the wires to run out of the same plate as the plugs, so I drilled an adequate hole.

I tested the cables to make sure everything would clear and there would be enough length.

I prepared the UBEC to accept the full battery voltage. I run 3S 1300 mah batteries in my Cyclops.

Don't forget to heatshrink!

Solder the UBEC to the In+ and In- Make sure the wires and UBEC will tuck down out of the way of the lens sliders. Plug in your battery and carefully use a DMM to read the voltage across the red and black pins. Mine was 5.05V. Perfect!

I used the AV cables and my DMM continuity function to determine the video signal and ground pads.

These photos show where you solder on the wires. The top plug is attached to the DVR video out (Aux in on the goggles). The bottom plug is attached to the video in on the DVR (larger plug with power).

I added a zip tie to make sure I did pull out the wires too far and stress the solder joints. In hindsight, I should have left these cables longer. Longer cables should make it easier to close the goggles when finished. Also, the excess wires can be pushed into hole during normal use.

Replace lens and carefully close the shell. Velcro to the side of your goggles and enjoy!

To record, make sure the battery is plugged in and the DVR light is solid red. Press the button pointing at you (<) to begin recording. Recall, the DVR is mounted upside down on my example. Wait for the DVR LED to start flashing. Go fly!!!! You will not see the current DVR storage or recording prompts using this method. However, you will not have any video latency either!

If you ever want to review the DVR door tags, simply press the AV button on the goggles. Then you can long press the (>) button to review.

Let me know if you have any questions.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice write up French. Good details as well as good reference pictures to go along with the guide. Nice simple and clean work great job.

magic_marty

Great instructions on adding DVR really love how you added pictures to help..

What about hooking up the audio will it work just hooking it to the A out on goggles to the A in on the DVR?

TacomaD

Thanks for this thread. I recently did this mod and used ideas from your build to inform mine. Specifically, putting the wires through the panel with the jacks (although I did a notch in the piece instead of a hole, and if doing it again, I'd probably just make a notch in the case itself since most of the reassembly time was trying to get that piece into place), and using a zip tie for strain release.

I also referenced a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDMVsM-HdNE) which referenced another article (http://intofpv.com/t-adding-eachine-prodvr-to-quanum-cyclops-v2) and iterated a little further. Those instructions just had you soldering the power (red wire) to a 5v pad on the board itself instead of using a bec.

The tiny bit I did differently with wiring from the other references was I soldered the ground to an unused ground pin. I move the audio line from the dvr out connector (using a utility knife blade to lift the tiny plastic clip on the tiny connector and pulling the wire) to the DVR in connector in case I ever get something that transmits audio. I also removed all the black wires from the connectors (again, pulling them out of the connectors) except the one next to the red wire. You only need one ground connection for this to work.

QuanumCyclopsV2_DVR.jpg

Of course, the easiest thing would be to just buy the Cyclopse V3 with diversity and a built-in DVR. :D

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Thanks, TacomaD. I ageee notching the case would be easier. I spent a lot of time fooling with getting it back together.

Ultimately, one day later while screwing with these I ended up cracking the LCD. I&#8217;m now using Fatshark Attitude V4s with a True-D module...

I&#8217;m glad this was helpful.