All about JOSH SCOTT

Take2RC

Josh Scott, and Josh Bixler, I can't tell you enough how much I enjoy your show. We're asked to be "salt and light" and that's exactly what you all are. I recognized the fact that Josh Bixler calls you "brother" which hinted to me that you are Christians, but now that I know, I am extremely delighted. It seems like all of the 25ish year old youth pastors dress like "hipsters", which also kind of made the same hint. I respect you guys a lot and commend you for your work. Your production is great and I hope it goes further. Your a good man Scott, and Bixler, same to you. I can just tell.

Josh Scott

Agree to disagree, this isn't the "forum" for that. It's your choice and really has no bearing on the series, nor should it.

agree to disagree on what exactly? When you came to a forum thread called "all about josh scott" and start talking about "religious undertones", you made it the forum for that. We've never forced any beliefs on anyone, nor have we been overly revealing about it. The only thing that's been revealed here is the way you project your stereotypes and assumptions on people you don't know, because of the way they dress.

Let's try to add positive energy to this hobby.

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
agree to disagree on what exactly? When you came to a forum thread called "all about josh scott" and start talking about "religious undertones", you made it the forum for that. We've never forced any beliefs on anyone, nor have we been overly revealing about it. The only thing that's been revealed here is the way you project your stereotypes and assumptions on people you don't know, because of the way they dress.

Let's try to add positive energy to this hobby.

+1 Josh!
I just erased what I was going to post...you don't need to justify yourself to anyone.

Fishbonez

WAAAATTTT

Agree completly

I can be quoted as saying in another thread here, that at first I did not like the Joshes (spelling) because I thought they were acting like the "Laural and Hardy of RC" I soon learned to appreciate it. They both reminded me that it is OK not to take this hobby to seriously. I have watched other internet shows on this hobby and even though extremely informative I found I was sometimes being bored by them. I am a person in his 40s in a hobby that has the stereotype of being enjoyed by old/fat men. Josh Scott, forgive me for saying, has made me feel ok for being the dork/kid that I am in this hobby. For example just last week I was caught doing the "Charlie Brown" just because a battery got charged and I could fly my favorite plane again. :cool: For a guy who at times can be very seriouse, stressed out due to his work and responsibilities can seem very shocking to other people, especially to his Airmen he leads on a daily basis. Josh has also has made an influence on the younger generation to join this hobby. Often I have seen younger folks starting out in this hobby and it is because they saw Flite Test and found out this hobby can be real cool. So I guess what i am trying to say Josh and Josh continue to be yourself. You "dorks!" I know I now and will continue to appreciate it.

Ok off my soapbox
Cyaz

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I personally believe Josh Scott is a very serious guy off the FliteTest stage. I don't mean serious as in boring guy serious - but in a not a douchebag serious. I believe he is a very nice guy, a trustworthy friend, someone you can confide in - off the stage.

On stage he needs to keep to the "dumb" newbie format to make his role work. I really don't care how he dresses - as he still contributes to the show and makes it funny.

I personally don't bother with people that only look on the superficial side of someone - judging him by his clothing. I care about people who look deeper into me - and see the good things I am. I can dress in old dirty and worn clothes and at the same time be the kindest person on the planet. Superficial people will look down on me, but those who really care about me won't mind the rags.

I know Josh Scott is a very sensitive person - and I have never liked people's unthoughtful comments about his clothing. People forget that "celebrities" have feelings too. How would you feel if you had 10 new comments every week from people who don't pay attention to the good things he brings or the good person he is, but only to his superficial aspects (clothing). If he wants to wear that, let him do it. If you don't want to see him, turn off your screen and keep to listening to the show. If you see Josh as a douchebag, then you don't know him at all.

I'm standing up on Josh's side as I notice most of the many mean and sometimes even disrespectful comments he receives. I put myself in his shoes - and it is not nice.

I really admire Josh Scott's strength - he keeps doing what he believes is right despite all the hate he gets. To me he is a true hero.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yeah- whatever, whatever, whatever. Call it an act, call it Laurel and Hardy, whatever makes you happy.

I suspect what you get with Josh Scott in person is probably pretty close to what you see on Flitetest.
Josh- feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It IS an all about Josh Scott thread after all.

The Flitetest model obviously is working. It's working largely because of, not in spite of the personalities involved.

He (Josh S or any of the FT crew) can come hang with the Ninjas anytime. I suspect despite the age difference and the difference in personalities and social/economical differences, he'd probably get along fine with us.

If you are able to determine that Josh has some religious beliefs by what you see and read on this thread and on Flitetest (probably about a billionth of what there is to know about a person) Good on him. And good on you for being able to pick up on it.

Keep on being your self (both Joshes and Chad and crew too) (oh yeah and David too)
Oh yeah- and make a trip out here for some COMBAT!

bmsweb

Site Moderator
. . but then saw there was this guy in skinny jeans and a beanie (I wanted to yank fully onto his head and say STOP IT!) that I didn't get

That's actually one of the funniest things I've read on this thread, In fact its the first time I've read through this whole thread! What's funny is you didn't get it, yet my 12 year old son got it 110%. My son and I think the world of both Josh's and I wouldn't change a thing. When I think of Josh Scott and I can never get the " . . it comes with and iPad" out of my head :applause:

What's funny is my 12 year old actually made the statement "Dad Josh Scott must be pretty smart hey", yet all you could see "dumbass".

All I can say is I couldn't possibly disagree with you more, however I do however understand you don't get it and may never get it . . I have the same issue with convincing people about FPV.

Well there you go, that's my 2cents worth.

Last edited:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
bmsweb and Thomas probably could hang with the Ninjas too.
They talk funny but I think we could work around it.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
That is awesome!
RC and martial arts. You guys spend a lot of time together.
My guys have grown. We still do the RC together though!
TeamJetPackNinja teamed up with the the wonders from down under. Sounds unstoppable!

bmsweb

Site Moderator
TeamJetPackNinja teamed up with the the wonders from down under. Sounds unstoppable!
Love it :D

We've already had the pleasure of meeting one of the forum members from here (Danger Mouse) . . can't wait to make our way to the US in the near future to meet some more :) . . . oh and that even includes Josh Scott :)

earthsciteach

See???? Yet another reason for flitetest flitefest 2012! The Aussies are coming to the US!

And in the words of the recently departed Rodney King, "Can we all just get along?"

Say what you will about J. Scott's style-at least he's not a hipster! LOL, if nothing else, I crack myself up.

Storm

Josh,

I apologise if this question seems obvious, or has already been answered. When you were introduced to the idea of being on flitetest, were you currently involved in the hobby (were you learning to fly models), or were you completely new to the whole idea? I'm just curious!

As someone myself who is quite inexperienced (I have been flying on and off for a year now), I am interested in how you started out in this hobby.

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
Josh,

I apologise if this question seems obvious, or has already been answered. When you were introduced to the idea of being on flitetest, were you currently involved in the hobby (were you learning to fly models), or were you completely new to the whole idea? I'm just curious!

As someone myself who is quite inexperienced (I have been flying on and off for a year now), I am interested in how you started out in this hobby.

He learned about the hobby when he came to the FliteTest set (aka Chad's garage/yard) :D

earthsciteach

Chad and Josh B are obviously bullying Josh S by not letting him fly the "cool" i.e., expensive stuff. If I were Josh S, I'd grab that shiny, new Zephyr sitting in the garage when no one is looking, go outside and fly the HECK out of it!

Josh S, grab a cameraman, grab that Zephyr and fly it before your mean cousin gets his hands on it! I've got your back, bro. ;)

Josh Scott

Josh,

No, I knew nothing about it...never touched a single RC model before. Chad wanted someone who had no previous knowledge, but would be comfortable in front of the camera. I had worked on many film shoots with both chad and Michael Cameneti, seperately, so they knew I could at least do that part :)

Nonamerc

Arman
No, I knew nothing about it...never touched a single RC model before. Chad wanted someone who had no previous knowledge, but would be comfortable in front of the camera. I had worked on many film shoots with both chad and Michael Cameneti, seperately, so they knew I could at least do that part :)

Film shoots??

Metalbat

Firstly I'd just like to thank Josh S. I am a noob in this hobby and because of you we get little bits of info that is normally glossed over or completely ignored by other videos because the assume everyone knows it already.

Secondly, In a world full of people doing RC videos, these guys do a very entertaining job of getting the info across and showing us that there is more fun to flying than just doing the usual stuff.

This has become an opinion poll so here is my 2 cents worth.

If you like the show, watch it. If you don't like it, watch something else.
Simple.