AMA membership still not here

CrazyRcJoseph

I know this has nothing to do with airplanes but I assume that most people here have gotten an AMA membership in the mail. Well, I'm not sure if it's just that it's late or if this is normal or something is wrong and I should do it all over again. I signed up for my AMA membership Jan 1, 2017 and it said that it would arrive in two to four weeks and it's been well over a month and it's not here yet. (Feb 13) has anyone else had this issue I don't know and if it has let me know. Sorry if you find this so what unrelated to RC but I thought this would be the best place to ask.

Tench745

Master member
I would suggest contacting their member services department to see what your status is. There may have been an error in the form, or a computer or something. They're usually pretty on top of things when it comes to mailing out member cards and stuff.

jtrops

My card took a month to get to me, but it was through the MASC program so I'm not sure if that added time. Anyway, if you call them they should be able to sort it out. They may even be able to give you your membership number over the phone if you need it for your planes.

Burly

I renewed online and my credit card was debited on 1/12...so it's been a month.
No letter in the mail yet with my new card.
Maybe they're running behind.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I renewed online and my credit card was debited on 1/12...so it's been a month.
No letter in the mail yet with my new card.
Maybe they're running behind.

I had the same problem and I contacted them. It was about two weeks ago and I renewed around the 1rst week of January. About 4 days after I contacted them I got my new card and information. Then, about 4 days after that I got another card and information. I think the post office messed up and my original card finally showed up after the replacement card showed up or visa versa. But, just contact them and they will send you out a new card asap. They are really friendly and helpful people.

abieex

Mentor
If you did it on line you can print your paperwork as a temp card. Mine took about 4 weeks but I used my printed paperwork at a couple of events with no problems.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Yah the online temp card will do. You basically get a sticker and card. I renewed mine 2 days ago. I this time did do the print magazine instead of digital because my daughter wants tor read it.