Andre's Multi RC HMB-235 Experience

jipp

I'm thinking about the 180 frame for my son.
4" props those 1306 motors and 2S power.

one thing about that setup.. the price of battery's would be dirt cheap compared to 2s.. so that is a bonus.. but props still can add up.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Twin Whip with S.BUS

After ripping the antenna clean off my 6ch receiver the other day I figured it was time to switch over to a receiver I could hide inside the HMB's frame.

001(2).jpg
OrangeRx DSMX Compatible DSMX 3Ch S.BUS 2.4Ghz Rx (twin long antenna version)

My Dad was able to make a S.SUB converter able from details online and presto smaller radio format with more crash friendly antennas.

001(5).jpg
Tucked up under the top plate

To maximize space, location and protection I stuck the receiver up under the top plate with some velco and zip ties.

001(3).jpg
Kinda looks some an alien bug now :)

I also corrected the camera to be level. Maybe I'll stop flying into the ground ;)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
one thing about that setup.. the price of battery's would be dirt cheap compared to 2s.. so that is a bonus.. but props still can add up.

Yes and I could run 5" on 3S with the 1306 motors.

IMG_5694.JPG

jipp

yeah, i made a typo i meant 2s cheaper than 3s. you are right. looks like a clean setup. im not sure what RX im gonna use on my build i have a lemon 6ch feather light. but im thinking i may want a 7 ch with maybe satellite.. not sure if one is better than the other.. i wish i grew up playing wth RC.. sure would make this stuff easier.. but i was learning how to rebuild engines, and running chain saws, and survival skills out in the woods in case something happen.. ( them skills i learn as a kid did help save my life when i had my accident ) aww the joys of growing up in a logging community in the mountains of Oregon, usa.
chris.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
yeah, i made a typo i meant 2s cheaper than 3s. you are right. looks like a clean setup. im not sure what RX im gonna use on my build i have a lemon 6ch feather light. but im thinking i may want a 7 ch with maybe satellite.. not sure if one is better than the other.. i wish i grew up playing wth RC.. sure would make this stuff easier.. but i was learning how to rebuild engines, and running chain saws, and survival skills out in the woods in case something happen.. ( them skills i learn as a kid did help save my life when i had my accident ) aww the joys of growing up in a logging community in the mountains of Oregon, usa.
chris.

Ekkk yeah no kidding.
I always tinkered. My Dad is an electronics engineer. Can fix anything but my skills lay in making things work together.
The RC hobby compared to other hobbies really allows me to smash a lot of my talents/passions together into a satisfying experience. And it is slightly cheaper and safer compared to vintage car racing.

jipp

i hear ya.. i have all the parts in my shed to build a bucket T. but my health, price of gas, and disabled means no income like i use to have... i have lost interest in cars. so i hear ya.. rc is much cheaper than other hobbies that is for sure..

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Sorry guys the video will take a few more days.

Ran out of disk space this morning while processing the footage.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
i hear ya.. i have all the parts in my shed to build a bucket T. but my health, price of gas, and disabled means no income like i use to have... i have lost interest in cars. so i hear ya.. rc is much cheaper than other hobbies that is for sure..

10-4 after I crashed my race car last summer I had the make the very sad decision to retire from racing.
But then FT really took off for me and well filled that void.

I've not touched the cars this year mainly because I still am recovering as well.
I rushed things last year and paid the price.

jipp

yeah, recovering takes so long. it seems the older we get the more things hurt.. remember being a kid falling down and laughing.. now it hurts like hell. laughs...

yeah i can see how rc would fill that void very easy..

i think when i build a 180mm im just gonna buy this kit. im very happy with the quality of the carbon they used i bought there 4mm zmr 250 upgrade arms for my current project i hope to start next month.. waiting on the USB programmer for the DYS BlHeli ESC.. and have to decide what FC i want to use... and for the price i will not be able to get it any cheaper if i tried to buy it piece by piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZMR180-180m...e0253c6&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=121762076861

the only complaint i could have is its a one piece bottom ( at least its quality carbon tho, at least what they used in my arms.. and they say its the same stuff so it should be fine ).. which i do not like.. and would stay away from.. but it seems all 180mm frames are built this way.. however, i think at 180mm it maybe ok as its lighter, etc.. but i would take one that had arms you could replace first.. but it is what it is i guess.

seems like a good deal. i also am curious about there motors so would be a good way to try them.
and 1 week i had the arms.. and they even contacted me after words to make sure i was happy and spoke perfect english.. and for a company n china, that is impressive.. laughs.

chris.

chris

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
yeah, recovering takes so long. it seems the older we get the more things hurt.. remember being a kid falling down and laughing.. now it hurts like hell. laughs...

yeah i can see how rc would fill that void very easy..

i think when i build a 180mm im just gonna buy this kit. im very happy with the quality of the carbon they used i bought there 4mm zmr 250 upgrade arms for my current project i hope to start next month.. waiting on the USB programmer for the DYS BlHeli ESC.. and have to decide what FC i want to use... and for the price i will not be able to get it any cheaper if i tried to buy it piece by piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZMR180-180m...e0253c6&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=121762076861

the only complaint i could have is its a one piece bottom ( at least its quality carbon tho, at least what they used in my arms.. and they say its the same stuff so it should be fine ).. which i do not like.. and would stay away from.. but it seems all 180mm frames are built this way.. however, i think at 180mm it maybe ok as its lighter, etc.. but i would take one that had arms you could replace first.. but it is what it is i guess.

seems like a good deal. i also am curious about there motors so would be a good way to try them.
and 1 week i had the arms.. and they even contacted me after words to make sure i was happy and spoke perfect english.. and for a company n china, that is impressive.. laughs.

chris.

chris

DAMN!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
There has been a disturbance in the Force

A close friend decided to make me work harder.

"I expect a full review in 2 weeks."

12038036_10156089682185416_7683291348239844050_n.jpg

I guess I'm about see what the world is like outside the KK envelope.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I like your idea of using zip ties on the Mobius dock.
Might have to do that myself.

My only concern is the durability of the mount... Not sure how it will take an impact. I do want to work on a tether for the Mobius though.

Don't worry about the naze board, it is pretty simple to setup. The default cleanflight settings will fly the HMB on 3s no problems and it will fly a lot like your KK2. I am hoping to tune mine out so I can get that 4S in there smiley devil.JPG