Andre's Multi RC HMB-235 Experience

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Yeah 4S would have been nice but meant bigger ESC's so I'll stick to 3S.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I don't know if I would use those 1806 motors on 4S though. Which would mean new motors too :(

The reason I scrapped the idea of swapping my gear over from my 250 was because I wanted to be able to run on 4S... This hobby gets expensive fast! After adding up all the money I spent on my HMB project I cried a little...

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I don't know if I would use those 1806 motors on 4S though. Which would mean new motors too :(

The reason I scrapped the idea of swapping my gear over from my 250 was because I wanted to be able to run on 4S... This hobby gets expensive fast! After adding up all the money I spent on my HMB project I cried a little...

No hence my purchasing the 1806 vs 2206's. I knew I wanted to reuse all my gear and part of the test Mark wanted me to run through.

I still have not had a nice day where I could get out to the field and test it in the open ;)

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Looking forward to the day you do, I'm sure it'll be a great conclusion to the review maybe a video?

It is getting colder here but I'm also hoping to have a decent day to get out there early and rip around the local park before all the people show up for soccer games...

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Yep.

Had hoped to run both new quads at the field this weekend but the weather was not so nice and I got busy. :(

pugslypoo

Yep.

Had hoped to run both new quads at the field this weekend but the weather was not so nice and I got busy. :(

The weather stinks here in Seattle too not just in Canada so know your not alone Andre! I am running 2204's and bl20a's from readytoflyquads. The setup is great, still tuning but plenty of power and can handle 4s if you want to go that direction.

I have been searching around I wounder of anyone has shared Pid setting for their individual setups for the hmb235?

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Still running my KK but I'll switch over the Nase soon.

Replacement motor arrived on Thursday.

HMB will be back in the air soon.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
HMB back on form

Still need to record the podcast about all drama with the HMB but...

Got the replacement motor on and everything else checks out.

IMG_6244.JPG IMG_6337.JPG IMG_6340.JPG IMG_6519.JPG IMG_6531.JPG IMG_6605.JPG

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
It took me about a quarter of a second to realize what must've happened when that Lenny Kravitz song started... Glad you got it back.