• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Another P40

PoorManRC

That looks GOOD!! I built on for my Friend, stock like yours....

With my build, I'm starting to think that I should have gone stock too, instead of the overblown modification project I've created!!!
I don't always know where to quit...

I do like how yours is turning out!!

PoorManRC

Thanks for noticing! I cut out the Rasterize skin of the landing gear housing and used that as a template on a hunk of foam. Some forming and tadaa. Pretty simple, actually.

Peter
You're right Peter, that does sound simple!

If you look at my P-40 Build, I'm trying to make it SCALE. As Scale at least, as a folded Foam Core Board Aircraft can be!! 😜 I already know I went too far, but that's just my style... I've been a Scale Modeler since about 1979!! 😳

I cut the back Windows out behind the Canopy, with Lexan Windows there, and a Full Canopy and Windshield... And planning a full interior, weight permitting.
I cut out the lower Nose, and molded the signature lower Intake out of Foam. Still fighting with that one!!

You're right Peter, that does sound simple!

If you look at my P-40 Build, I'm trying to make it SCALE. As Scale at least, as a folded Foam Core Board Aircraft can be!! 😜 I already know I went too far, but that's just my style... I've been a Scale Modeler since about 1979!! 😳

I cut the back Windows out behind the Canopy, with Lexan Windows there, and a Full Canopy and Windshield... And planning a full interior, weight permitting.
I cut out the lower Nose, and molded the signature lower Intake out of Foam. Still fighting with that one!!
Ya, I like the scoop as well. My Miniac p40 looked very scale as it had the scoop, but it was a bit of work, alright. 20191118_071713.jpg