Antonov 225 Chuck Glider (GiGAntonov)

dylandrego

I call it the GiGAntonov! Designed and built for my dad who recently discovered chuck gliders after I built them for my boys. His favorite plane is the Antonov 225.

Sadly my father never got a chance to pursue his dream of becoming a pilot and growing up we traveled so much that he never got into the hobby of RC flying; when I built the flite test chuck gliders and he saw my boys throwing them around he turned into a little kid again. This was his birthday gift and I’m hoping to power it with the EZ power pack and get him flying. As a Chuck Glider it flies beautifully.

Plans to follow soon.
AD504B42-BE8C-42DD-9B12-36DBAF5C63D5.jpeg
6316C5E0-AE46-47DE-9C79-C239089CC5C9.jpeg
26E7852F-A9F4-4593-BD4E-D838D9C94869.jpeg

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
I call it the GiGAntonov! Designed and built for my dad who recently discovered chuck gliders after I built them for my boys. His favorite plane is the Antonov 225.

Sadly my father never got a chance to pursue his dream of becoming a pilot and growing up we traveled so much that he never got into the hobby of RC flying; when I built the flite test chuck gliders and he saw my boys throwing them around he turned into a little kid again. This was his birthday gift and I’m hoping to power it with the EZ power pack and get him flying. As a Chuck Glider it flies beautifully.

Plans to follow soon.
View attachment 225349 View attachment 225350 View attachment 225351
Yes please!!

quorneng

Master member
dylandrego
That does indeed look very cute although perhaps it is a slightly 'liberal' interpretation of the original's wing & tail proportions.
PlanViewSmall.jpg

dylandrego

dylandrego
That does indeed look very cute although perhaps it is a slightly 'liberal' interpretation of the original's wing & tail proportions.
View attachment 225392
Thanks…. for the observation. I originally made one to scale. It didn’t fly. So I exaggerated the wings and tail so that it would fly. That’s why it’s called the GiGAntonov. You’re welcome to try making a chuck glider to scale - maybe you can succeed where I failed.

6E43CEAB-539C-4301-BE8D-3A5F2C7150C7.jpeg

dylandrego

Plans for the GiGAntonov 225
Black is Cut. Red is Score. Blue is Indicator.

Attachments

• GIGANTONOV225.svg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0

ennobee

Thanks…. for the observation. I originally made one to scale. It didn’t fly. So I exaggerated the wings and tail so that it would fly. That’s why it’s called the GiGAntonov. You’re welcome to try making a chuck glider to scale - maybe you can succeed where I failed.

View attachment 225396
Challenge accepted. I haven't done chuck gliders since moving out of my parent's house 30 years ago, but I remember a trick or two from back then. I'll keep you posted