Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Two thumbs up on that one!
two thimbs up little.jpg

Ranger_107

Elite member
Hey all, I had a question about retracts for my upcoming @Zephyr1 50mm EDF f-86 125% build- that makes it roughly 50-inch wingspan and an unknown edf size. I plan to put retracts in and flaps in but dont know what size retracts to get, Any suggestions? I am also hoping to get some relatively cheap retracts. Also- with a 5-6s will this even take off with the retracts and all or do I need to cut something out of my plan.

Thanks for any help or advice!
Nick aka Ranger_107

Wildthing

Legendary member
Hey all, I had a question about retracts for my upcoming @Zephyr1 50mm EDF f-86 125% build- that makes it roughly 50-inch wingspan and an unknown edf size. I plan to put retracts in and flaps in but dont know what size retracts to get, Any suggestions? I am also hoping to get some relatively cheap retracts. Also- with a 5-6s will this even take off with the retracts and all or do I need to cut something out of my plan.

Thanks for any help or advice!
Nick aka Ranger_107
Well to me even without knowing what the weight of the plane will be especially with retracts added the 50mm edf sounds really tiny, I am thinking 70mm to 90mm edf .

leaded50

Legendary member
i couldnt keep my fingers off, after seen how crazy fun my Payen build got (and glides) The French "two - wings" looks great( aka nice weird!)
inner_structure.png
Two guys the Mr. Payen and a guy Delanne did both think the same way. Delanne also had a contract on a two-wing twoseater plane version to French military... the war, and start of jetage ended it..(not the one i make) He did also worked in USA and UK for a while, and some of his ideas have been used there... on later jetfighters

The Lysander version Delanne built together with them , with also a "normal wing" at rear, also showed surprisingly good flight characteristics , same as the testresults of the Arsenal Delanne 10 version did.

Started build the Arsenal Delanne 20-T (of course a prototype copy as most of my builds :D ) gonna try do this as a relaxing build with longer timeframe. (try... ) Wingspan approx 900mm

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey guys just a heads up.... I got a ban for just being grumpy and wrastlin with a troll here. Just because you guys are not spelling out the curse words doesnt mean thats protocol so I would highly suggest you guys clean up the language before you catch a ban. This is family / kid friendly and a few of you are escalating the frequency of doing this.

i couldnt keep my fingers off, after seen how crazy fun my Payen build got (and glides) The French "two - wings" looks great( aka nice weird!)
View attachment 176780 Two guys the Mr. Payen and a guy Delanne did both think the same way. Delanne also had a contract on a two-wing twoseater plane version to French military... the war, and start of jetage ended it..(not the one i make) He did also worked in USA for a while, and some of his ideas have been used there...

Started build the Arsenal Delanne 20-T (of course a prototype copy as most of my builds :D ) gonna try do this as a relaxing build with longer timeframe. (try... ) Wingspan approx 900mm
Hey awesome choice of plane. That's so cool. And build is going well!

leaded50

Legendary member
And I also found retracts I think https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-80mm-edf-f-86-complete-landing-gear-set
there just replacement parts off an 80mm f-86 so I think they will work. They also come with tires, gear retract and everything I need for the wheels

They can be used on a 50 inch build :) I hope you also saw that their version with 80mm EDF was wingspan 1200mm / 47.2in ,
2300g / 81.1oz. Yeah i sppose yours can be lighter, but appox 1500g i beleive its gonna be ... and than even a 64mm EDF is "at border values"

a touch shorter than your idea... so as said.. 50mm EDf on such a plane i suppose would be to small, wih not enough thrust.