Anybody else scratch building tonight?

leaded50

Legendary member
Looking nice. That's going to be epic when it's finished! I'm really curious as to what the flight characteristics will be like.
with the conter rotating motorunit, i wonder too.... as a glider at moment, its pretty nice, close to floating. What i belive is what relation between the two wings incident is crucial. Total wingarea is well in values for good flying.

It dont wonder me, that Mr. Payen had a good idea of his designs... just that the Germans did take his plane for further testing, says something. No, i dont think they was "speed machines".. but some good ideas as good as any of that time.

Last edited:

shadeyB

Legendary member
Does this count lol I’m still building
And I have P-47 on the go
99D8B6AC-DA59-485F-9BE9-7AB29919FB2C.jpeg

Timmy

Legendary member
What is the simple stick like? I'm thinking that should be my aerobatic plane. What prop and motor does it use? The B pack says 1050 kve motor with a 9x4.5 prop but I want to use a 9x6.

Last edited:

Ranger_107

Elite member
What is the simple stick like? I'm thinking that should be my aerobatic plane. What prop and motor does it use? The B pack says 1050 kve motor with a 9x4.5 prop but I want to use a 9x6.
9x6 will just give you more power and maybe just draw a little more amps. I fly my cub on a 9x6 prop on a b pack ith a 35 amp esc and Have had no problems whatsoever.

Ranger_107

Elite member
Hey... so I want to have a big project that I can try and make a perfect ish build. I landed on @Zephyr1 s 70mm edf jet. My flying field is all paved runway and rough dirt will a lot of spiky weeds in the way of landing. I want to put landing gear on it. Then I thought. if I am putting gear on it I might as well make it retractable and I might as well also add some flaps. Will this fly it or will I need to upsize the plans so the wingspan is more like 50 inches instead of 40.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/f-86-sabre-70mm-edf.58198/
Thanks!
Nick aka Ranger_107

shadeyB

Legendary member
Hey... so I want to have a big project that I can try and make a perfect ish build. I landed on @Zephyr1 s 70mm edf jet. My flying field is all paved runway and rough dirt will a lot of spiky weeds in the way of landing. I want to put landing gear on it. Then I thought. if I am putting gear on it I might as well make it retractable and I might as well also add some flaps. Will this fly it or will I need to upsize the plans so the wingspan is more like 50 inches instead of 40.
Thanks!
Nick aka Ranger_107
If it’s jet your looking for Ben harbours F16 VIPER Is fantastic
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/xf-viper-foamboard-f-16-edf.47/

Vimana89

Legendary member
I found this while browsing google images

View attachment 176711

Seems like a good start. Imagine a full rc plane like this- a twin boom canard with a tractor prop. Throw a "pelikan" tail (think YF-23) on there and you're set. I don't have time to built this though. @Vimana89?
I'm in the middle of other stuff too at the moment, but maybe some time. It's a pretty cool design though, seen it before when browsing ideas.

Timmy

Legendary member
I found this while browsing google images

View attachment 176711

Seems like a good start. Imagine a full rc plane like this- a twin boom canard with a tractor prop. Throw a "pelikan" tail (think YF-23) on there and you're set. I don't have time to built this though. @Vimana89?
I might want to after I finish beta building @The Hangar 's design. oooh but I also got my design I want to finish...and the simple stick I might want to build! wow the list is building up quickly! Aw and I have the sea duck in line too!

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The simple stick is pretty good at aerobatics - it can hover, do inverted, knife edge, and basic aerobatics although it can’t really do any high-energy 3D moves like blenders. I would run a C pack for aerobatics though - it’s swappable so it can use the swappable power pod from your guinea pig. Also, the F7F is swappable.

Zephyr1

Elite member
Thanks!
Nick aka Ranger_107

I've been planning something similar. I am going to increase the size of the Sabre to take a 90mm edf on 6s. I think that if put the Sabre on 6S it could handle the landing gear. The flaps could be handled no problem.

Timmy

Legendary member
The simple stick is pretty good at aerobatics - it can hover, do inverted, knife edge, and basic aerobatics although it can’t really do any high-energy 3D moves like blenders. I would run a C pack for aerobatics though - it’s swappable so it can use the swappable power pod from your guinea pig. Also, the F7F is swappable.
That's great!