Anybody else scratch building tonight?

cdfigueredo

Elite member
more updates of my new project.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...cratch-scale-looking.63864/page-2#post-591660
IMG_20200727_210704.jpg

Vimana89

Legendary member
I'm working on a new plane tonight, which will be my first educated and serious attempt at an under camber air foil. It's going to be a unique low aspect, chill slow flying plane that's mini size on an A pack with a big boxy 20" span 12" chord high wing. It will have a high mounted, protected tractor prop, and 3ch V tail configuration. It will be a little short coupled like a Bee, but with a boxier looking wing.

I'm building it for several reasons, one is to learn how to custom build new types of air foils. Also, I want to practice building V tails more efficiently and want a custom V tail 3ch in my fleet. The goal is to make a really docile and smooth flying little plane that can be flown in small or larger spaces, excels at low speed flying, is easy to fly, and has a good flight envelope and can roll and loop well. If it can sustain high alpha, that will be a bonus, but I'm not expecting that.

Landings should be a no-brainer, and the prop should also be protected. It should be sturdy, efficient, and have a long service life. I'll get some pics when things start taking shape.

Timmy

Legendary member
I'm working on a new plane tonight, which will be my first educated and serious attempt at an under camber air foil. It's going to be a unique low aspect, chill slow flying plane that's mini size on an A pack with a big boxy 20" span 12" chord high wing. It will have a high mounted, protected tractor prop, and 3ch V tail configuration. It will be a little short coupled like a Bee, but with a boxier looking wing.

I'm building it for several reasons, one is to learn how to custom build new types of air foils. Also, I want to practice building V tails more efficiently and want a custom V tail 3ch in my fleet. The goal is to make a really docile and smooth flying little plane that can be flown in small or larger spaces, excels at low speed flying, is easy to fly, and has a good flight envelope and can roll and loop well. If it can sustain high alpha, that will be a bonus, but I'm not expecting that.

Landings should be a no-brainer, and the prop should also be protected. It should be sturdy, efficient, and have a long service life. I'll get some pics when things start taking shape.
you really think thing through!