Anybody else scratch building tonight?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I now have my seed and fertilizer dispenser for the Pawnee. It is just a pill bottle with a slit in one side, a rubber lid for the slit and a servo and rubber band. When the servo is activated the rubber band slips from the servo arm and let the lid open and the seeds or granulated fertilizer can get out. It takes about 6 seconds to release the load, enough to cover one pass of my field.
Still need to field test it.
this feels like an over engineering solution to spreading seed/fertilizer.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
So I was already to do a scratch build of the Tiny trainer, when someone let me know that the FT planes assume Dollar Tree foam board, I now know what dtfb stands for!!
So I will begin again. This will be the third time I will be starting the fuselage this weekend, but as they say, "The third time is the charm."
wait whatt.... did you build the planes from some other foam or what?

shadeyB

Legendary member
And so it begins, I’m not sure what I’m dealing with most, lockdown or my addiction to rc 😂
last one I built started with the canopy and dam it turned out beautiful so I think I’ll start this way again and build to suit the canopy
BC02A94E-D637-4C10-A8AD-1B0EDDA2DC46.jpeg

I swear 3D printing supports my addiction

mdcerdan

Elite member
The new wing for the little Pawnee is nearly finished!! Just need a couple days to let it fully dry before apply the laminate film. Dihedral is a generous 8° so I hope it will fly with rudder only, if not I will put ailerons. I only need to make the wing struts and maiden it. I hope sometime this week it will be in the air.

20210117_203711.jpg
20210117_203721.jpg
20210117_203752.jpg

mdcerdan

Elite member
The more crazy the better, right? That’s why we’re all here, cause nobody else understands why we do what we do... :ROFLMAO:

It will be crazy if actual grass sowed by a little foam and paper plane grows in my field. I don´t know if that has been done in the past. Most probable outcome will be crashing into the ground and spill the seeds in the soil. A patch of grass will pop up a few days after the crash so it will work anyways.