Anybody else scratch building tonight?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
It will be crazy if actual grass sowed by a little foam and paper plane grows in my field. I don´t know if that has been done in the past. Most probable outcome will be crashing into the ground and spill the seeds in the soil. A patch of grass will pop up a few days after the crash so it will work anyways.
Should have added wild flowers to the mix then you get a wild flower meadow ;)

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Plan for tomorrow and the rest of the week is my Scout build, once thats done I am going to finish the FT Edge build hopefully before my birthday in February.
Then I have a dilema FT Otter, Simple stick or Duster :unsure: ah decisions, decisions, decisions ?

mastermalpass

Elite member
Plan for tomorrow and the rest of the week is my Scout build, once thats done I am going to finish the FT Edge build hopefully before my birthday in February.
Then I have a dilema FT Otter, Simple stick or Duster :unsure: ah decisions, decisions, decisions ?

Big Scout or Mini Scout? 'Cause if you're going for the mini, you could take a shot at building the lightest one ever! :D

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Started cutting the Scout parts out today, didn't quite finish still got the wings to do to tomorrow plus cut out the firewall and some control horns.
Wednesdays job is ironing the edges of the tail section, particularly the elevator and rudder as I am fitting proper hinges on this model rather than the paper versions.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Early in January I ordered a spare Volantex 4023 1050kv motor. Thought while it was cheap I would buy one, as I have considered getting a phoenix 2.4m powered glider.
Its cheaper to buy the kit and build it yourself, plus you can then use more reliable parts than the PNP versions and save money at the same time. The 4023 motor is the only concession, its the sakme motor as used in my Trainstar and in the Phoenix V2 - 2 meter version.
I ordered it from Aliexpress who I have never used before and although I wasn't impressed with the packing, it still arrived un-damaged and reasonably quick too.
So may use them again in future.

OliverW

Legendary member
Getting some work done on the 'Cuda. It's gonna scream!
20210118_113314.jpg

Flyingshark

Master member
I suggest the Mini Speedster on 2s. It can be bit of handful (rolling and then losing altitude) if you're not gentle with it in the turns, but it's super rewarding and relaxing to fly once you've got the hang of not slamming the rudder all the way over to turn. It also glides really nicely, and can do a rolling take off with almost no rudder input in less than four feet.