Anybody else scratch building tonight?

NM156

Preparing for next week!

This is a QHOR modified for electric power. Still needs some setup and then a maiden before FF2022.
If it goes well, I'll build another one and spare parts to do another on-site.

Original plans here:
https://www.spadtothebone.org/PDF/Qhor Series.pdf

PXL_20220615_230226532.jpg PXL_20220615_230220364.jpg

NM156

Bo123

Elite member
Preparing for next week!

This is a QHOR modified for electric power. Still needs some setup and then a maiden before FF2022.
If it goes well, I'll build another one and spare parts to do another on-site.

Original plans here:
https://www.spadtothebone.org/PDF/Qhor Series.pdf

View attachment 227084 View attachment 227083

NM156
SPAD? Nice. I built a SPAD Stick a little while ago, unfortunately didn't fly, did some sort of a roll on takeoff. might repair it. I did electric too.

Brian B

Elite member
does anyone have tips for keeping oriented while flying?
Maybe you are talking visibility, in which case others have addressed that.
But if you are talking stick and plane orientation, depending on whether it is coming or going, I still use this little trick sometimes. Point your antenna parallel to the direction of flight. Might make more sense if you grew up with telescoping antennas on 72Mhz radios. So if the plane is coming to you from the right, you sort of look over your shoulder at it, with your transmitter and part of your body facing to the left. Once you've gotten comfortable with stick-vs-plane orientation, you'll probably stop, but I still find myself doing that body english.

If this is not what you where asking about, the jn the classic words of Gilda Radner, "Nevermind".

RossFPV

Maybe you are talking visibility, in which case others have addressed that.
But if you are talking stick and plane orientation, depending on whether it is coming or going, I still use this little trick sometimes. Point your antenna parallel to the direction of flight. Might make more sense if you grew up with telescoping antennas on 72Mhz radios. So if the plane is coming to you from the right, you sort of look over your shoulder at it, with your transmitter and part of your body facing to the left. Once you've gotten comfortable with stick-vs-plane orientation, you'll probably stop, but I still find myself doing that body english.

If this is not what you where asking about, the jn the classic words of Gilda Radner, "Nevermind".
That is what i was talking about but my only plane other than the Flite test planes was a hobby zone duet so i dont know anything about the 72Mhz radios.