Anybody having trouble with valuehobby?

Donsity

Lots of people seem to be promoting valuehobby.com, saying how the prices are so great and the shipping price is decent, when all I've had was a crappy time with them.

I placed an order about 5 days ago, and it came with no tracking number. They tell you to sign into your account to see it, or contact them. First of all, I have no account. Second of all: I've sent them two emails, none of which have had a reply, and the phone number has a voicemail mailbox that is full.

I'm just hoping the package comes at this point - and you're probably thinking, "it's only been 5 days", that's about true... but the thing is, I live extremely close to valuehobby's shop. EXTREMELY close. i didn't drive the short distance because the gas price would've cost more than the shipping price, but I would expect for the package to arrive sooner than 5 days.

Anybody else also having problems?

CrshNBrn

Elite member
I just checked their online reviews...it doesn't fill me with confidence.

There's a few sketchy companies out there: a couple of years ago I sent money to a company called Active Powersports because they had a plane I just HAD to have and couldn't find it anywhere else. Weeks went by. Multiple emails. Crickets. I wound up working through my bank to send a mean letter to them and got a prompt refund.

I'm sure there are lots of folks and threads on this forum with similar tales.

Donsity

There's a few sketchy companies out there: a couple of years ago I sent money to a company called Active Powersports because they had a plane I just HAD to have and couldn't find it anywhere else. Weeks went by. Multiple emails. Crickets. I wound up working through my bank to send a mean letter to them and got a prompt refund.

I recently saw those... (too late)

the sad thing is that people were actually recommending items from this store a lot... so I, of course, bought some. I really doubt those people ever bought anything; they probably just saw the price. and I don't think it's a scam, because it has a physical warehouse I could drive to if I wanted to, just really horrible and poor business.

craigleach

The shipping can be very slow (2 weeks) if you choose the cheapest shipping option. I have never tried to contact them that I remember.

Donsity

The shipping can be very slow (2 weeks) if you choose the cheapest shipping option. I have never tried to contact them that I remember.
I see. The sad thing is it's been almost a week, they won't give me a tracking number, and I live in the next town over from them.

bisco

Elite member
i always recommend vh for price and decent quality. they never respond to inquiries. i did sign up with them so i could view past orders.
been awhile since i've need anything from them, but 5-7 days during the pandemic was pretty good i thought.
hopefully, it will show up soon!

bwarz

Master member
I've purchased from them in the past as well. As I recall it did take a bit to get my order (more than a week - maybe 10 days) and I don;t think I got a tracking number either. Sometime shipping can be stupid - if I bought something that shipped from near me, it'd go 120 miles south before coming back...

flyinsparky

I've had nothing but good experiences with VH. I've purchased four planes through them. Once I thought they hadn't sent me a motor and ESC, but they had opened the box for the plane and put it inside. Way better then some of the ridiculous Amazon packaging where they put a box perfectly made for shipping inside of a giant box, and then throw in some ineffectual padding material. Also, the price is right.

Bricks

Master member
I have ordered at least 3 dozens different items if not more from them from planes to motors and have been happy with them. It is a one man show so it can take a while for getting things shipped. Sometimes being closer takes longer ask the Post Office why? I had purchased a quad from a gentleman that only lives 156 miles from me took over 9 days to get here, one from California only took 5 days.

bisco

Elite member
wehave several central p.o. sorting offices. if i send a letter to my next door neighbor, it does not go to my local p.o. and then get delivered to my neighbor.
there has to be some type of system, and this is what we have. could it be more efficient? idk

i see the same with ups, fed ex, amazon

danskis

Master member
I've had nothing but great service from V H. I prefer V H to other online suppliers because they offer the least expensive shipping option - which is often USPS ground delivery. Other online stores will offer only "fast" shipping, overnight or 2 or 3 day shipping, which is very expensive. I don't go to an online store to pay more in shipping than the item(s)I'm buying as that just adds to the "real" price of what you're buying.

Also, items come as pictured and described - I've had no surprises.

bisco

Elite member
it's amazing how some places get 10, 15, 20 bucks to ship a small order.

other good ones are radical rc and buddy rc, and even some horizon affiliates only charge 2 dollars for certain things.

chris398mx

Master member
I have ordered several times from them over the last couple years, and have had good luck. No issues so far with them.

skymaster

Elite member
is this the one on addison IL. if it is i think i stopped there one time. it's a smalll little warehouse. the guy there said that he could not sell me anything that i had to order online, i also stopped at the place were they used to make the push rods. that i used to get at hovy town.

bisco

Elite member

what is the link to? i don't see any reviews

OliverW

Legendary member
Ordered many times from them, never had any trouble or problems aside from a servo coming with the wrong arms, but the guy made it right and sent me new ones

bisco

Elite member
i've had one servo bad out of the packaging, one go bad in flight (switched to metal gears) and a couple motors do funny things, but idk if they were defective, or if my esc needed programming for some reason