AP Goshawk 50mm EDF

Sk11ppy

Another fellow Brit here and huge Red Arrows Fan, would love to get this as a project off the ground. Could you send me a copy of the latest plans please ?

Morgan

Do you think this could be modified to be a 70 mm EDF beast or is there not enough room?

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
You would have to upscale the parts, because I designed the fuselage for a 50mm EDF unit. For a 64 mm EDF unit you would have to print the parts with 128% and for a 70 mm EDF unit even with 140%. Also the parts – especially the wing – would have to be reworked a bit (cavitiys, bevels). This is gonna be a challenge! :)

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
This project seems to be coming to an end.

The Goshawk is pretty twitchy in the air - nothing for beginners! Maybe I'll give the wing a little more area so it will fly more stable.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Hello Matheus,

thank you for your interest in this model. Yes, I have a plan in beta stage that has not yet been published as I am still working on the model. The current version is 0.94. Beta builders are welcome and I'm looking forward to any feedback! So if you're interested in the beta plan, I'll be happy to send you the link.

Wilfey1991

Fantastic build, the work put into this build is second to none, would i be able to get a copy of the beta plans to build. Greatly appreciated.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Thank you Wilfey1991. I have sent you a message with the link to the plan V0.94. I haven't built the wing contained in it yet and look forward to your feedback.

andrewP

Hello Matheus,

thank you for your interest in this model. Yes, I have a plan in beta stage that has not yet been published as I am still working on the model. The current version is 0.94. Beta builders are welcome and I'm looking forward to any feedback! So if you're interested in the beta plan, I'll be happy to send you the link.

hello. i would be happy to get beta plans

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Here is the link to the download site with the BETA Plan (Version 0.95):
http://airc-pirates.com/en_US/ap-goshawk-50-mm-edf-downloads/

ap_goshawk_plan-300x210.jpg

Last edited:

jaredstrees

So does this version have a larger wing like you mentioned? I still have to fly your APmirage (built but waiting for the fan from my grunjet), but I love the look of this plane. You do good work.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Thank you! Yes, it's got more wing area. I already cut out the parts and will glue them together soon and install the electronics of the predecessor.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
I have updated the BETA to V0.96. The parts LEFT DOUBLER, RIGHT DOUBLER, LEFT WING and RIGHT WING received minimal corrections (1mm), which only serve for a better fitting accuracy of the parts. Now also the part TAIL SHEETING is included in the parts list, so I renumbered the parts from number 16 on.