AP Goshawk 50mm EDF

Roboto

I built on of these with the centre of gravity 40mm from the front of the wing but it flipped upside down and flat spin when I launched it. On the plans says the cg is 40mm, I assumed it was from the front of the wing but now i'm thinking it meant 40mm from the air intake. I wish this was more clear with a CG mark on the plans, gonna have to rebuild the nose now.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
I built on of these with the centre of gravity 40mm from the front of the wing but it flipped upside down and flat spin when I launched it. On the plans says the cg is 40mm, I assumed it was from the front of the wing but now i'm thinking it meant 40mm from the air intake. I wish this was more clear with a CG mark on the plans, gonna have to rebuild the nose now.

Please forgive me, but that's the way it is with BETA plans. At V0.95 the center of gravity was 40 mm. After that I had built V0.96 with a bit more wing area and was finally able to fly (see video). The CG has changed due to the changed wing. On V0.96 the CG is 28 mm from the leading edge of the wing (where it meets the fuselage). The model is now completed and V0.96 becomes V1.0. I will mark the CG in the plan of V1.0.

Bobii

Hi,

Many thanks for this beauty. Any chance to get the V1 of the plan ? I can't find it on the website (only V0.96).
My old version died in a tree :cry:

Bob

Please forgive me, but that's the way it is with BETA plans. At V0.95 the center of gravity was 40 mm. After that I had built V0.96 with a bit more wing area and was finally able to fly (see video). The CG has changed due to the changed wing. On V0.96 the CG is 28 mm from the leading edge of the wing (where it meets the fuselage). The model is now completed and V0.96 becomes V1.0. I will mark the CG in the plan of V1.0.

Where is version 1.0 located? Can't find it. Thanks!

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Hello @Bobii and @datamichael. Since I was busy the last months with the Hornet and the Thunderbolt, I completely forgot to finish the build plan of the Goshawk. I just uploaded version 1.0.

goshawk_plan.png

To the download page!

It is now also available in letter or A4 paper format. Have fun ... and if you find an mistake, please let me know. Feedback is a gift!

Then I'll start to create the decals next week!

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Is anyone interested in a swappable Mini Power Pod (FT Power Pack F) version of this Goshawk or in letter or A4 size decals for self-printing?

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
I added the small numbers for the wings:
AP_Goshawk_Decals__800.png

The decals in letter or A4 format are available for DOWNLOAD. 6 sheets are required.
If you need a specific number on the aircraft or a specific pilot name, just contact me.

Have fun with it!

Johan121264

Hi AircPirateNinsei,

Could you please send me the v0.4 plan, I really like your design. I want to try to change to push version.

thanks,

Erix
V0.3:

View attachment 93869

I replaced the two 5g servos with one 9g servo and a 2mm linkage stopper.

View attachment 93868

I have already prepared some decals:

View attachment 93860

In the search for the decals I found this awesome "Goshawk Ball" video:

V0.3 had enough thrust with the Hobbyking 50mm Alloy EDF V2 4200kv.
Unfortunately, it got strong side wind and was not interceptable. The result does not look good. :(

View attachment 93859

V0.4:
I am currently building V0.4. The rear part is no longer so angular and the air intakes are closer to the original.

View attachment 93861

View attachment 93862

View attachment 93863

View attachment 93864

Now it needs a new canopy and a wing, then it goes to the next test flight.
I will enlarge the wingspan from 610 to 700mm, let's see how it flies with it.

Could you please send me the v0.4 plan, it looks so more scale .