• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AP Eazy Ducted Fan (50mm EDF Trainer)

STATUS: The maiden flight was successfully completed and the BETA-plan is published!

The AP Eazy Ducted Fan is a EDF Trainer that works with every 50mm EDF unit.
Once in the air, it is a breeze to fly, it is responsive but without any vices and the landings are easy.
Look for yourself:

SPECS:
WINGSPAN: 1000 mm | 39.37 in
ALL UP WEIGHT: 400 g | 14.11 oz (with 3s 1000 mAh)
CHANNELS: 4 (THR | AIL | ELV | RUD)
EDF: HK 50mm Alloy EDF 4800kv 3s (minimum)

DOWNLOAD:

FREE DIY BETA-PLAN

PICTURES:

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Awesome work Airc, I love how it takes off from the ground like the grunjet. Quick question how EAZY (sorry):p would it be to make the prop and edf pod interchangeable so that I could have one airframe that could fly off an edf and a prop?

Thank you, but without your Grunjet I wouldn't have thought of it! So thank you very much for your inspiration! ;)

By the way, you can read my mind! I started with this thought, but then I thought, who uses such a thing?
Here are the parts for the EDF assembly, which can replace the Power Pod nacelle:

AP_Eazy_DF_EDF_Parts_00.JPG

AP_Eazy_DF_EDF_Parts_01.JPG

AP_Eazy_DF_EDF_Parts_02.JPG

The problem is of course the detachable fixing of both variants. Two BBQ-Skewers and FoamBoard will not withstand the loads in the long run. Maybe with a plastic reinforcement?!?

You could also slide the two drive units on with the wooden hooks, which I used to fix the top cover of the Rascal Racer, if you then hold it in position with a BBQ stick, it should work.

However, such a solution is nothing for rookies to our hobby. That's why I've published two separate plans.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Thank you, but without your Grunjet I wouldn't have thought of it! So thank you very much for your inspiration! ;)

By the way, you can read my mind! I started with this thought, but then I thought, who uses such a thing?
Here are the parts for the EDF assembly, which can replace the Power Pod nacelle:

View attachment 104357

View attachment 104355

View attachment 104356

The problem is of course the detachable fixing of both variants. Two BBQ-Skewers and FoamBoard will not withstand the loads in the long run. Maybe with a plastic reinforcement?!?

You could also slide the two drive units on with the wooden hooks, which I used to fix the top cover of the Rascal Racer, if you then hold it in position with a BBQ stick, it should work.

However, such a solution is nothing for rookies to our hobby. That's why I've published two separate plans.
Okay, cool I think I'll try something after I finish my D.520:D

would something like this work... essentially strengthening the skewer hole with some gift cards... note I found I had to scratch up the back of the card before gluing it...

jpot1

Maiden today. Flew great. This was my first EDF and had a little trouble with the launch. Needed quite a bit of up elevator and a hard toss. Once up super smooth and with a crazy long glide slope. Flew three batteries through. Time for some color!