Assembly Instructions for FT Mini Alpha?

MrMonoWheel

I just finished cutting out all the parts for the Mini Alpha but realized there is no video or instructions on how to assemble it. I was following the video for the full size alpha but there are differences in cuts and placement of parts.

MrMonoWheel

Even though the article doesn’t say “mini”, this appears to be it. Same weight and wingspan. Apparently there was never a non-mini Alpha.

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/ft-alpha-build
I thought that might be the case but in the video they are doing bevel cuts and other cuts in places not depicted on the printable plans so I thought I had a different build. I'll follow the video regardless of what the plans say and hope for the best! Appreciate it!

ColoFlyer

I just finished cutting out all the parts for the Mini Alpha but realized there is no video or instructions on how to assemble it. I was following the video for the full size alpha but there are differences in cuts and placement of parts.
I know exactly what you are saying, I built this plane and ran into the same bevel cut problems you are talking about. But I watched the entire assembly video and decided to follow the process described in the video. The plane Josh built came out great and mine did as well.
Follow the video and you will have an awesome plane that fly's great.

MrMonoWheel

Ended up following their video and it worked out. One thing that I didn't like was the canopy system and the way the entire front doesn't sit flush with the plane. Despite cutting the angles as close as I could and putting a skewer through the canopy, the wind caught it and lifted it up causing the plane to behave extremely erratically. I managed to get it down and I cut all the overhang off and turned it into a hinged canopy. It was trial and error so I cut too much off the body of the plane but the concept is sound. When I make another I will be doing it this way from the start.

20221216_122634.jpg