At the EDGE of the world, we meet.

basslord1124

Master member
Finishing up the little things while I wait on my landing gear. Got my aileron linkages hooked up today finally...

edge wing linkages.jpg

Then I'll probably release my build Part 3 video here soon. Once landing gear is in and I get the last bits done, it'll be time for a crash, er I mean, maiden! :p:)

basslord1124

Master member
Something I almost forgot about (another thread reminded me). Since I've been doing Titebond glue on my Edge build and very little hot glue, the talk is that using Titebond will not be as heavy as hot glue. I used Titebond on probably 95% of the build...only using hot glue on the cowl and to use as a clamp to hold the Titebond pieces in place.

I don't have my landing gear or battery installed but everything else is there.

Current weight: 606g

And on the subject of landing gear....my wheels came in. Picked up some Lite Flite (by Dave Brown) 2" foam wheels. Hoping they will work out well. :)

Headbang

Master member
Something I almost forgot about (another thread reminded me). Since I've been doing Titebond glue on my Edge build and very little hot glue, the talk is that using Titebond will not be as heavy as hot glue. I used Titebond on probably 95% of the build...only using hot glue on the cowl and to use as a clamp to hold the Titebond pieces in place.

I don't have my landing gear or battery installed but everything else is there.

Current weight: 606g

And on the subject of landing gear....my wheels came in. Picked up some Lite Flite (by Dave Brown) 2" foam wheels. Hoping they will work out well. :)
Those are my favorate wheels! I use them for most of my balsa planes.

basslord1124

Master member
All right first of all, I like the wheels just fine. But been having a hard time getting the landing gear wire situation to where I'm happy with it. Debating if I should buy a premade landing gear setup, look for some longer thicker wire, or forget the idea of landing gear.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Well, the wing is done... Orientation should NOT be an issue! :p

it's okay. Not my best work (and not the worst, I guess.)
IMG_9637[1].JPG
A lot of work to get here, might not extend the flames to the tail and nose...

Will probably add the wheels and paint the cockpit (gold maybe?) :unsure:

I used cheap cabinet lining film for masking the flames.
First set I cut by hand (that sucked!)
Then as I was working up the courage to do the other 3 panels, I got an idea...

I've got a large mat for my cricut, why not sketch the flames in CAD and use the cricut to cut out the other 3 masks.
Worked like a charm!

Here's the link if you want to try them out for your self.
https://design.cricut.com/#/design/173002749

mayan

Legendary member

View attachment 143613

I've got a large mat for my cricut, why not sketch the flames in CAD and use the cricut to cut out the other 3 masks.
Worked like a charm!

Amazing job buddy i think it was worth the hard work :).

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
@kilroy07 - hu ha - that will be visible at night without lights - very nice! :D
"This is the ISS to Mission Control. We seem to have a small object over a field in Illinois, that is visible from space, but it doesn't seem to fly like an airplane. Please advise." :LOL::LOL:

View attachment 143613

Worked like a charm!

I'm digging the day-glow! I bet that plane is going to look a riot in the air! Any plans for flight video, anytime soon?

basslord1124

Master member
Started the paint job of my Edge this morning and ended up wrinkling some of the paper. :cry::cry::cry:

It was some cheaper spray paint that I had never used before so I applied it a little more thicker at first. Well :poop:

It's not a total loss and just on part of the fuse. I just gotta watch and be more careful on the rest.