Attack Drone????

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Interesting that they kept the defenses running after they had suspects in jail.

Why do I suspect the WiFi at the local Starbucks isn't working very well today?

IcedStorm777

Are there radar modules you can buy for RC planes? If so you coudl just have a flying wing line up relatively close to the target and then let the radar module guide the plane unto the drone.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Its FPV....

No guns or projectile weapons needed. No net guns or high tech electronics either.

Simply a competant person with a set of fpv googles and knowledege of the local area to wait out the battery and direct law enforcement back to the owners..

What goes up must eventually need recharging..

Far too many people over thinking the simplest of things....

IcedStorm777

Thats true and i wouldn't actually use radar, i was just curious "Radar guided Flying wing missle destroys illegal drone" sounds like a good movie to me. :)

FDS

Elite member
And the poor guy who got splashed over the papers is totally innocent and “the most inoffensive bloke ever” according to the same news outlets who made out he was some sinister uber nerd earlier today. Sigh.
No wonder they kept everything in place, they likely knew they had the wrong person fairly quickly.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Its FPV....

No guns or projectile weapons needed. No net guns or high tech electronics either.

Simply a competant person with a set of fpv googles and knowledege of the local area to wait out the battery and direct law enforcement back to the owners..

I still like the bounty idea tho.

"What do you do for a hobby? Arrrrgghh I'm a sky pirate!".

Besides, next thing you will have some dork landing his copter on his ex-wife's new boyfriend's house and a whole new version of SWATTING just got born.

IanSR

Its FPV....

This was suggested and err, shot down.

And the poor guy who got splashed over the papers is totally innocent and “the most inoffensive bloke ever” according to the same news outlets who made out he was some sinister uber nerd earlier today. Sigh.
No wonder they kept everything in place, they likely knew they had the wrong person fairly quickly.

Yeah it was like they just found out who the closest was who owned a drone and nicked them.

IanSR

Oh hehe... I guess having Bruce for an advocator for drones n fpv down there has given them a skewed idea what we dronies are like and they assume we are all the same.

Yeah lol, I think it was suggested separately by FPVUK too.

The news reports on this are getting even more delusional, now they're saying 67 sighting reports, house to house enquirers asking people to grass on drone owners (will be told to fo if they knock here), and yet last night they admit one line of enquiry is there may never have been a drone in the first place.

I guess someone has actually pointed out to the Police what collective Mandella effect is. I'm also pretty sure there was some guy on YouTube ages ago who took a camera to a high street and started asking people if they had seen the drone and 90% of people said they had, including describing it and how it sounded, yet there was no drone and all the video proved was people would feel obliged to 'follow the narrative' rather than say nope, didn't see that.

d8veh

Elite member
Do they still have hanging in England?
Just as well we don't. The guy they arrested was one of us - just a regular hobbyist playing with his drone in his garden, and ratted on by his neighbour. They arrested his poor wife too! He was at work doing some overtime to pay for his Christmas while the drone was flying around Gatwick.

They're now saying that maybe there was no drone after all. In fact some are saying that it might have been a UFO, like the one seen over O'Hare Airport on Nov 7th 2006.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_O'Hare_International_Airport_UFO_sighting

IanSR

Of course we will, even if they find out it's a plastic bag BALPA and the ATC Union have been screaming for tighter regulations since these new ones came in last July because they didn't like them, 1km NFZ is not enough they said, planes are lower than 120m at the 1km mark (this is bullshit, if you watch flightradar24 you see the planes are still at least 300m at the 1km mark), for some reason they think a 5km exclusion zone will somehow prevent this.

Back when these new regulations came out, the CAA knew nothing about them, aparantly they'd not been consulted on them at all, it seemed that the Government minister in charge had ignored all the hysterical bullshit from the likes of BALPA and had looked st the hard facts about stuff, hence why we got the regulations we did.

I wouldn't be suprised to find if this was a drone, it was being controlled by a BALPA member whose read too many false flag stories on the Internet.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Of course we will, even if they find out it's a plastic bag BALPA and the ATC Union have been screaming for tighter regulations since these new ones came in last July because they didn't like them, 1km NFZ is not enough they said, planes are lower than 120m at the 1km mark (this is bullshit, if you watch flightradar24 you see the planes are still at least 300m at the 1km mark), for some reason they think a 5km exclusion zone will somehow prevent this.

When i see a 737 become a smoking crater in the earth because of a unwitting hobbyist, THEN i will support a 5km no fly zone, until then, no. Why dont they work on making ATC a bit better so they dont have airplanes landing on the same runway.

IanSR

When i see a 737 become a smoking crater in the earth because of a unwitting hobbyist, THEN i will support a 5km no fly zone, until then, no. Why dont they work on making ATC a bit better so they dont have airplanes landing on the same runway.

Because upgrading ATC costs money and banning drones doesn't.

If they extend the exclusion zone to 5km at Gatwick,the last two clubs in the area will have to close.