Aura 5 Lite Receiver Options

qwijibo

I've been using the Aura 5 Lite for a little while now, and I really like it. Does a great job of smoothing out light gusts, and hand launching a so easy with launch assist. I have it paired with a Spektrum SPM4647 receiver.

I'm planning to get another, but it looks like that receiver is out of stock everywhere. Wondering if anyone could suggest a decent Spektrum compatible alternative receiver that would work with the Aura 5 Lite board.

rowens816

I am trying to use the Orange R617XL receiver with an Aura 5 Lite FC. I am using a 3-pin cable between the RX and the B Mini Port of the FC, but the receiver never gets power, i.e. no flashing lights.

I have the Spektrum SPM4651T on order. Will that word?

Bricks

Master member
Which receiver do you have cPPM or the Sbus as this receiver comes either way, if it is cPPM it will not work with the Aura Light........from my understanding.

rowens816

I have not seen the final answer on these questions, and I have similar questions.

First of all, my objective is to incorporate "hand launching assist" for my STRIX Stratosurfer.

I have intently watched Josh on his Youtube videos of the Aura 5 Lite, but he has not provided the detail I need.

I have bought the Aura 5 Lite and the SPM4651T receiver from RMRC. In addition, I have setup a test board containing a battery, ESC Motor, AURA 5 FC and the 4651T receiver. Using a DX9, how do I BIND to this testbed. I have done the new model setup as described in the video.

What exactly am I binging with --- the FC, the Receiver or both? Also ---- what Is the correct cable connection between the FC and the receiver? I have several cables. Which one?

I am somewhat new at this.

rcmanic

aura5lt.jpg

Anyone know what is the 4 pin JST-SH connector on the Aura 5 for? See photo.
It is not addressed at all in any product literature and I wonder why? Could this be a possible 4 pin PWM

jacobgoona

That looks like a standard female electronic connector, there is no plug that goes into it? If not you probably can ignore but you are most likely missing something. That should be pretty obvious usually.

rcmanic

I'm not missing something. I've looked at all Aura literature extensively, and this connector is not addressed in any manual. Maybe redundant, but why is it there?

jacobgoona

OK yup litterbug is probably right . There is probably no usage, I guess manufacturers leave extra components on there.

hifinsword

Based on what @LitterBug has said I'm thinking it's probably something used during manufacturing that's pretty much useless after the fact.

My first reaction to seeing the 4-pin connector was it's a JST-ZH 1.5mm 4-pin connector like the SRXL2 Rx protocol uses. It is not a SH connector. That would mean a 1.0mm interval on the pins. I did measure the pin interval on my A5L and it is 1.5mm. It might be a future proofing of the AURA 5 Lite to use the Rx SRXL2 protocol. ?? I don't have a SRXL2 Rx yet to test out if the AURA 5 L can receive a signal from one of the remote SRXL2 Rxs. Even if it is for SRXL2 Remotes, it may not have been enabled yet by FlexInnovations software. If anyone has a SRXL2 remote, I suggest plugging it in and seeing if any channels are enabled with it.

Stress Test

I'm not missing something. I've looked at all Aura literature extensively, and this connector is not addressed in any manual. Maybe redundant, but why is it there?

Sometimes they (electronics) need programming AFTER assembly or functional testing or both.

On some electronics you can see odd solder pads and a weird set of prongs press down to function test at the factory.

Another possibility is burn in. 97 percent of electronics are fine but to get rid of the 3 percent that fail in the first x minutes they run them to improve overall quality of a product line.

Bricks

Master member
From what I have read about the Aura on RC Groups from the manufacturer is the 4 pin connector was put there for the possibility of future use.