Baby Baron Gotha Gaggle for Flite Fest 2016!

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Here's my head-cam footage of the Gaggle Flight. So much fun!

Also, didn't know we were vying for the bomb, but my son sure enjoyed playing with it afterwards. :D

offaxis

At the 1:13 mark is when Josh Bixler and I collided. My plane exploded into multiple pieces. Thanks for involving your son into this event.
IMG_20160716_074356.jpg IMG_20160716_074400.jpg IMG_20160716_074750.jpg
Gotha Gaggle3.jpg Gotha Gaggle2.jpg Gotha Gaggle1.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Good stuff guys keep it coming. Looks like its a fun time even if everything looks damp and dreary with the weather. Those skins look awesome all together in that overhead of the gaggle.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
The Flite Fest 2016 Gotha Gaggle was awesome!
A huge "Thank You" to Dan Sponholz and Joshua D. Orchard for making the "Gotha Gaggle" a giant success and fun event! A big Thank You also goes out to each and every "Gotha Gaggle" pilot who took the time and effort to build a Baby Brit or Baron and fly with us. About half of the skins I designed were in attendance. To thoses who could not make it, you were missed. And last but not least a special thank you to the guys who surprised me by designing and building me my very own "special" Baby Baron when I didn't have the time to design my own. Say hello to my little friend....I named her: "Guten Tag Kätzchen", which is of course "hello Kitty" in German. :) I will treasure it always....till I crash it beyond repair and then I will treasure it's memory. ;)
hk.jpg

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
It's stuff like this that keeps me coming here.

I'll never be able to do a FF, but the fact that it exists makes me want to be part of this community in any way I am able. RCG has nothing to offer that compares.

Thank you FliteTest and Rasterize and everyone who makes this community worthwhile.

Spitfire222

Not a skater
Thanks to Joshua, Dan, and Stephen and all the builders/pilots for making the Gotha Gaggle happen! It was such a fun event that I'm really glad I was able to participate in.

I stayed in a hotel in Carrollton, about 10 miles away, and when I woke up Saturday morning, there was very thick fog. My heart sank and I didn't think the Gaggle would happen. But, after driving a few miles, everything cleared and there was a beautiful sunrise with calm winds, and I knew it was going to be awesome.

I can't wait to see Flite Test's coverage of it!

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
EPIC Fun! Thanks to wilsonman, SPONZ, Rasterize and all the other pilots.

IMG_8676.JPG

Note to self - When flying with dozens of similar silhouetted planes, don't blink and definitely do not rub you eye because your contact is drying out from not blinking.

When I looked back I didn't know which was mine. I cut throttle and still no clue to it's location, so I watched the remaining gaggle fly. Then I spent 20 minutes in the soybeans looking and listening as I cycled controls. Luckily I was joined by four others in my search and one of them found it (thanks again!)

A little TLC and some hot glue and it will fly again or at least I know where I can get another one.;)

ttprigg

Rasterize-
I was not able to get to FF2016 But I'm looking forward to seeing the FT 'Coverage' of the event. I was wondering if the wonderful skins you created could be available for "local gaggles". I also understand that there may be an episode in the works where you describe your process. Any truth to the rumor?
Thanks for your contributions!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Rasterize-
I was not able to get to FF2016 But I'm looking forward to seeing the FT 'Coverage' of the event. I was wondering if the wonderful skins you created could be available for "local gaggles". I also understand that there may be an episode in the works where you describe your process. Any truth to the rumor?
Thanks for your contributions!

There might be some truth to that rumor. ;)

Rasterize

Mentor
Rasterize- I was not able to get to FF2016 But I'm looking forward to seeing the FT 'Coverage' of the event. I was wondering if the wonderful skins you created could be available for "local gaggles"?...

No real plans on making any of them available at this point. I created each skin for that individual pilot and then gave it to that pilot. I promised them I would not give it to anyone else and that it was theirs alone. Kind of made it really special in that way. So I guess they can then do with as they wish. Except for selling it. Kind of goes against what we were doing here. I guess you could contact that individual pilot and see if they are willing to share?

...I also understand that there may be an episode in the works where you describe your process. Any truth to the rumor? Thanks for your contributions!

Bixler n Me.jpg

Maybe...just maybe... :)

Michael9865

Elite member
Thank you all for a great Flite Fest 2016. Such a great community and family friendly gathering. I enjoyed watching the Gotha Gaggle. It was great to see all those skins come to life and fly. I would have rather of participated, but my Brit met the earth a little too hard a few minutes before the gaggle. After figuring out that the CG was too far back thanks to Sponz and another pilot it flew great. My Baron is now built, but the motor needs replaced, Wilsonman was correct on his call. Awesome free plans from Sponz and free skins from Rasterize. I hope to fly both the Baron and the Brit and experience many happy landings.
Brit And Baron.JPG

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I am sad that I had to leave early and wasn't able to participate in the main Gotha Gaggle event.

On Friday morning I crash landed my Baby Baron into the one ground hog hole directly in front of the main flight line.

Perfect hole in one! No damage, except for my pride :)

FliteFest2016.jpg

Thank you Stephen, Dan, and Joshua for enabling/organizing/encouraging such a crazy and fun activity. I can't wait to see what we'll all come up with for next year. :)

mactek

I was not able to get my Baby Brit finished in time for the Gotha. I was out there watching you guys fly though and it was really amazing. I will eventually finish the plane and skin it.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Awesome video! I must've walked up right after the photo, because all the planes were already laid out on the ground. Bummer I missed the photo-op, but stoked I got the bomb! :D

Rasterize

Mentor
I even missed that photo-op. Like you I walked up right after. They did give me my own photo-op however for which I am greatfull.