Balsa Plans to Foam Board Airplane: Flite Fest 2022 community challenge - FVM Ö1 Tummelisa

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
How's your battery mounted? Did I see that it sits vertically behind the firewall? Hadn't thought of that if so. Clever.
Yeah, just right behind the firewall with a big piece of Velcro. Not even a strap. Having it vertical gets as much weight as far forward as possible.
It's 8 degrees and gusting to 24mph here. Sounds like perfect weather for a maiden!
Yeah, we’re expecting gusts up to 45 today and tomorrow with 3-6 inches of snow changing to 0.25” of ice. Fun times.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I've gotta say, for how sketchy the balsa version seemed, I clearly built it wrong with how well this one flew. Pretty sure my wing incidence was off and I just built the thing too heavy. Of course, the crash on the balsa one did not help things along. Still, I took the 5 minutes to add a few blobs of glue and she's ready for another training sortie.

ergomir

I just finish to watch the last video, good work Joshua! I Think now i can work on a Biplane too!

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Just as a tease here, Over in the Scout XL thread, I'll be releasing another printable goodie soon. I got a nice prop washer on this one and the wheels, well, let's just say @kilroy07 gave me a little help.

Attachments

• IMG_0805 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0805 (1).jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0