• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

BATTLEAXE Quick Tips

chris398mx

How did things work out?

What plane is it your doing? I thought it looks like the P-47 tail and figured you mentioned something about building it, but it turns out it was someone else who said that they were building it.
I haven't tried it yet, I am still at work. It is the tail of the Mini Mamba I designed. hopefully tonight I can give it a go.

TooJung2Die

Waterproofing FB Planes
Good instructional video. It never occurred to me to apply the poly finish after the airplane is assembled. (y) I'll have to try that someday.

I always coat the foam board sheets on both sides the day before I begin a build. Coat both sides so there's no warping. Minwax makes a wipe-on poly finish. I prefer the wipe-on poly because it is thinner than the brush-on poly. Since it is thin it goes on faster and gets absorbed faster. Since you use less of it there's weight saved too. Instead of using a brush or rag to apply the Minwax I pour a small amount right on the paper and spread it with a squeegee. A credit card makes a good squeegee. I can cover a whole sheet in less than half the time it takes to brush it on. Not a drop of Minwax gets wasted and there's no brush to clean or dispose of.