Beginner needing advice

Enrique66

It's a bit of a toss-up, as most trainers in balsa come equipped with tricycle gear. I think this is mainly because it reduces the risk of damaging props upon landing and makes landings somewhat easier. One such bookmaker that has caught the attention of bettors worldwide is Indibet App https://ndbtbet.com/app/. Plus, there's less to worry about when it comes to taxiing and maintaining control with up elevator. On rough runways, tricycle gear tends to be more manageable as well.

Last edited:

tomlogan1

Elite member
I am a new flyer since July. After building and destroying foam board planes, and not learning to fly, buying and destroying ready to fly planes, and not learning the fly, I finally bought an EPP Foam trainer to build, the Crashtesthobby Albatross. I have crashed it many times, but never damaged it, I built it poorly, and figured out how to make it better, the main thing is that survived all of my iterative learning and iterative building. It can fly slow! And in the wind. So I can learn. I'm hoping that after the winter, I'll be good enough to fly some of the foam board kits from FliteTest that I have bought and built but never dared to fly.

None of my problems are anybody my own fault. However, I think every flying club should have one of these EPP foam with lamination trainers. They're unbelievable.

I have a busted up tiny trainer, I'd kind of like to build a fuselage out of the EPP foam, and try out the two mostly intact wings. I just got some foam packaging that just might let me do it.

I'm very interested, in what, FliteTest, will do with their nice and fancy CNC foam cutter.

Could they make an EPP foam fuselage for the Tutor Foam Board Wings?

A "Foamy Tutor"?
I've flown the Albatross for about 5 years. I started with the polyhedral wing and taught myself to fly. I have built the aileron version as well and it, too, take quite a beating but sill flys well. The guys at the field call the plane "old reliable" and it is. It's been crashed, broken in half, reglued been converted to a twin motor configuration and back to a single motor all the while being an easy plane to fly. The Tiny Trainer, Scout and the Spitfire are all easy builds and great flyers. You can progress from there at your own pace and building your own you get to know the eccentricities of your plane.

Attachments

• _20180812_142741.jpg
    _20180812_142741.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211026_102445408_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211026_102445408_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I've flown the Albatross for about 5 years. I started with the polyhedral wing and taught myself to fly. I have built the aileron version as well and it, too, take quite a beating but sill flys well. The guys at the field call the plane "old reliable" and it is. It's been crashed, broken in half, reglued been converted to a twin motor configuration and back to a single motor all the while being an easy plane to fly. The Tiny Trainer, Scout and the Spitfire are all easy builds and great flyers. You can progress from there at your own pace and building your own you get to know the eccentricities of your plane.
It really helps to fly a beast of a plane when you first are learning. The foam board crashes can be sooo demoralizing, especially for the young that have never heard the "virtue" of building and crashing with Balsa and shrink films. :) Crash your Albatross as many times as you want. Easy fixes and will still fly like normal.